Skip to Content

WoW Insider has the latest on the Mists of Pandaria!
  • Icesnake
  • Member Since Dec 17th, 2007

Are you Icesnake? If So, Login Here.

BlogComments
Joystiq1 Comment
Engadget2 Comments
WoW10 Comments
Switched1 Comment

Recent Comments:

Win a ticket to BlizzCon 2010 from WoW Insider {WoW}

Oct 12th 2010 12:43PM This is a random comment. If I win, I shall compose a haiku in honor of WoWinsider. If not, I shall compose a haiku in honor of vodka.

The Queue: Why did WoW Insider switch domains, again? {WoW}

Sep 16th 2010 2:47PM Of course not, that would be a fairly stupid assumption.

The Queue: Why did WoW Insider switch domains, again? {WoW}

Sep 16th 2010 1:20PM Massively Stupid is obviously in charge of the entire operation. Is that what you meant?

The Queue: Why did WoW Insider switch domains, again? {WoW}

Sep 16th 2010 1:19PM Nobody has to sell your email address any more. The spammers use pwned PCs to send billions of emails to randomly-generated addresses every day; I could show you the algorithm. The point is that probably 90% of the email sent doesn't get delivered anywhere, and out of the 10% deliverable, 90% of that goes to the spam folder, and out of the remaining 10%, less than 1/10 of 1% falls for the scam. Sadly, that still equates to 10,000 morons a day giving their username/password combos to the Chinese spammers, who then use it to make money at your expense.

- aka Morely Dotes
Chief Woodchuck
Lumber Cartel
Google me if you wonder WTF I'm talking about.

The Queue: Why did WoW Insider switch domains, again? {WoW}

Sep 16th 2010 1:14PM Uhm. No. If you combine the two domains, you still get less than 2 billion hits total, because some people - probably the majority - were hitting both domains before, and now they're only going to hit one.

Did someone in Marketing fail Basic Statistics 101?

North America's first public-use quick-charge station opens in Portland: 3-handed politician not included {Engadget}

Aug 9th 2010 1:05PM The Portland World Trade Center is also the location of the Electric Vehicle Association meetings, and the location of the formation of the National Electric Drag Racing Association.

Enter to win an Ethereal Soul-Trader {WoW}

Jun 2nd 2010 5:38PM I should very much like to have this loot card because my wife won't let me sell the house so I can afford to attend Blizzcon. Thank you.

Cataclysm: Must find dungeons before they appear in the Dungeon Finder, attunements possible {WoW}

May 3rd 2010 1:51PM Frankly, if they bring back attunements, I'm out of WoW. That's the kind of annoying crap that I was glad to see them remove. It's a completely gratuitous waste of the customer's time, and when I am paying $15/month to play a game, you lose my custom if you waste my time.

It wouldn't kill them to create quest givers who actually TELL the player where to find the dungeons, either. I have no problem with making people "discover" the summoning stone, and it would have actually been helpful on my first ICC run ("Where TF is the dungeon from the graveyard?"), but with quest lines leading players from one zone to the next (think of the Redridge/Westfall/Darkshire connections, for example), how hard could it be to say, "Yeah, we're gonna need you to go over to Theramore and talk to Jaina about this dragon problem she's got," and then have Jaina tell you that Onyxia's Lair is on the North side of the Swamp of Stupid, or whatever the name is?

Ubisoft DRM authentification server is down, Assassin's Creed 2 unplayable {Joystiq}

Mar 8th 2010 5:50PM Hey, if you bought it after all the hoorah made about the DRM, you have no one to blame but yourself.

If you din't know about the DRM, now is the time to uninstall it, take it back to the store, and demand a refund because it doesn't work. If (or when) the store tries to give you some garbage about "no refunds on software," ask them if they are ready to test the implied warranty in the courts; under US Federal law, every product MUST perform at least the minimum functions advertised on the package. Your Internet connection was up, and the game did not work, right? Ergo, the game does not meet minimum functionality requirements.

Ideally, you could find 20 or 30 other suckers in your local area who are ready to get refunds, and all go to the store together.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implied_warranty

Winona Ryder and Depeche Mode Singer Subpoenaed in Stupid 'WoW' Suit {Switched}

Nov 26th 2009 12:01PM Oh, please. Do end up like Shawn. Do it now. Don't waste any more of the courts' time.