Jun 22nd 2009 10:15AM Aw man, that looks SO FUN. :( Now you're making me wish I was there. Argh.
Happy Pride Day Proudmoore! I hope all you gals, guys and the ones in-between had a lot of fun! :P
Jun 22nd 2009 10:13AM Sad to say that my Arms/Prot warrior has taken a back seat to my Shaman temporarily - I can officially say that I am in love with Arms again. Levelled with it from 1-60 and then 60-70 and prot at 70, dual-spec was my savior.
Got to dust off my beautiful 2H'ers and say hello to Mortal Strike once again. Arms is so beautiful now once again. Long live oldschool Arms players!
May 4th 2009 3:26PM For my guild:
- We have a set X to Y raiding time. You logon too late for the run, another guildie or a PUG gets your spot. No whining. Everyone's got the GL's phone number so even if something comes up, it's not like you couldn't send at least a text message at least saying so. We understand real life > WoW and we are accustomed to emergencies. (One raider's mom got a heart attack on Sunday night, our prayers are with him and his momma at this time, especially so close to Mother's Day. May she get well.) But the rule still stands, if we're a man short-we'll roll out trash but if it's Boss time and you're not there: sorry. You lose your spot. You're welcome to join the raid if we stop at Y time and continue another night but no whining about OMG I MISSED *THIS* LOOT/BOSS.
- If/when the guildie logs on - they are informed that someone took their spot. We don't go booting PUG players just because you logged on late, worse yet if you're late for the raid and didn't inform any one of what's going on. We're talking an hour/2 hours late here. Not 15-20 mins. If the guildie is going to be late and has expressed so and we invite a PUG, we inform them as thus that they will stand in. We don't kill the boss and lock anyone in and PUG-ers are well informed of this.
- If we pull a PUG, we let them know that guildies are after their tier pieces so they have higher say-so than them. You're stated these rules in the whisper and when invited, you're expected to abide by them. Everything else is fair game. Boss drops, BOE's, everything else. Tier pieces stay in guild. If a guildie has a special request or an item we've been after for a long time, we always as the PUGs if they mind skipping the roll for them. Drama's ironed out before the boss is even touched. Ventrilo access, even just to listen, is a requirement of all our raids.
- We often attempt to recruit a good PUG-er and bring them to the guild, especially if we see them do very well and even on Vent, we welcome suggestions and comments in case something's going wrong, we're wiping a lot etc. Just make sure your suggestion is solid and makes sense.
- We even have an 'emergency PUG list' of good and dependable players and chances are if you've earned a good spot with us, you'll be invited again. Won't be EVERY night but hey: Monday night PUG is better than no PUG right?
Apr 30th 2009 10:48AM Gotta love the fact that Leroy-whatever is practically screaming at the top of his lungs in some comments: "IT WAS MY SHIRT! IT WAS MINE! I'M THE ONE WHO SHOULD BE FAMOUS, NOT KARATECHOP!"
Obligatory whine: how come nothing like this ever happens on my server?? :(
Ok opinion via temptation: honestly, you guys should have just kept your mouths shut and progressed quietly. Run a few raids, clear it out nightly, get folks geared and sit on your 'legitimate' gear for a few weeks and then attempt more. Make it out to be logical progression so that if you were caught mid-use, they wouldn't take the gear that you've had for X weeks and 'earned'. But no. You morons went to Ulduar. Ulduar. Loose lips sunk your gravy train and you know it. Even with 100 charges: that would've been worth quite a few Sarth 3D's, KT farms and Maly farms. You had an opportunity here that people would've shot themselves in the ass for gladly. No one in their right minds would've wasted 100 charges on petty kills like the Faction Leaders or ZG or old raid or even farming the Ashes Of Al'ar. Hell no. You're 80, you'd be packing Maly+ gear. Those other raids would've been pushovers.
Opinion via morals: Come on. You know you would be caught at some point. You went in, you had fun - yes, but at the same time you know all ropes come to an end. And worse yet, you tempted the god-hand of Blizzard who you all KNOW by now from seeing other past decisions that they do not deal with mosquitoes with a flyswatter, but a cannon. So the fallout here of multiple members getting banned isn't surprising. Best hope is that you wait it out, take your roll-backs if you get your accounts back and have an AWESOME AS HELL story to tell for years to come. If you don't get your accounts back - (and if you don't, my greatest sympathies. Losing an oldschool account is hardcore painful. Worse yet with all that progresion count.)
Yes, I agree Bliz was heavy handed on this but come on. You should've known better. It's the equivalent of getting drunk and raising hell and then crying when you get put in jail for disturbing the peace. Your fun came at a price, worse yet because you made it so blatantly obvious that you WERE using something to further it. So stop your whining and sit in the corner while your punishment is being worked on. You have my sympathy but you knew the price that would come when you did it. So don't try to play devil's advocate.
For those of you who think that this item should've never existed - apparently you've never tested software. There is always a godmode or a key that is closely guarded that makes you Lord of all you see. Just that in this instance, someone dropped the ball. You try testing software one day with a peon's permissions and see how far you get before you want to shoot yourself. These things exist in any form of software. Get over yourselves. They're never meant for the hands of those who will abuse it but that won't change the fact that they DID exist and will continue to do so.
To KC - you have a story here to tell for ages and honestly: you should've FRAPS'd every moment of it and taken your place in the WoW Hall O' Fame alongside the Kaazak Solo and many, many others. I really hope you took shots of everything. I can only imagine the wave of Internet fame that will wash over you now as 1up and practically every blog site starts banging on your Inbox begging for an interview. :)
Apr 28th 2009 9:34AM Squeeze it and it hoots! :D
Best thing ever. I love it.
But the question is: can it Moonfire spam, change to travel form and heal in a pinch? :D
Apr 28th 2009 9:15AM Oh stuff it you whiners. Would you rather them take 2-3 months to fix issues as one whole rather than progressive patching? Sure Bliz has a habit of patching patches but would you rather sit on your fingers and cope with the constant bug or -dundundunnnn- actually LET them fix it?
Sure, nobody's perfect - Blizzard included - but at least this time they're trying to fix certain things other than sit and wait 2-3 months for a huge patch to fix something that should've worked eons ago.
Bring on progressive updates and patches I say.
It's one day of downtime. Go outside for pete's sake. See some sun. Do laundry. Clean the house. Dust. Play with a pet. Quit complaining.
Apr 27th 2009 12:40PM As a fellow veteran Fisherman, I will reccomend 'LootFilter' to you. Input whatever fish you don't want to loot from a cast and bam-it goes back into the water where it belongs!
Apr 27th 2009 12:07PM I say bring ON the constant patching! Bring on quick issue resolution! Bring on people complaining about an issue and it ACTUALLY GETTING FIXED!
Oh waaah @ PVP complainers. An Arena match doesn't last long enough for Replenishment to even matter. If it does: you're doing something wrong.
Either that or get that dull weapon sharpened.
Apr 27th 2009 12:03PM Will Blizzard stick to their guns?
Will PVE vs PVP QQ end?
Will we ever get Vanish fixed?!
Stay tuned for next week's patch folks! Same great WoW, different patch notes!!
Apr 27th 2009 11:24AM There's an addon for that on Curse. NoBOP I think it is. I have it and it's an absolute godsend. What's great is that it works ONLY when you're not in a group!