Feb 9th 2010 4:40PM Just wanted to clear up a few misconceptions:
1. The reason blood is the top spec in armory analysis is because of it's popularity in tanking, not because it has superior dps. (It's popular as a tank spec because it has the highest effective health).
2. Blood doesn't have superior single target dps. Unholy pulls ahead of blood dps in single target fights in ICC.
3. To say blood has "not quite as much AoE potential" is putting it much too lightly. Unholy is inarguably the top sustained AoE spec in the game.
Dec 8th 2009 1:09PM Would it be advisable to work on the Quel'delar quest chain at the same time?
Dec 7th 2009 2:21PM Obviously if you're just going to sell the sword then everyone in the raid should be able to roll on it. Limiting the rolls to those who can use the sword and then subsequently selling to the highest bidder is cheating the system.
Nov 12th 2009 2:59PM Use the +agi weapon for avoidance and the +str one for threat.
Nov 12th 2009 1:16PM There's an undocumented change on the PTR reducing AotD's cast time to 4 seconds.
Nov 3rd 2009 6:11PM Wowhead says the tooth-pick is contained in 11% of the treat bags. So if you were to trick or treat once a day, you'd have a 19.5% chance of not getting a tooth-pick.
And that's assuming you get a treat bag everytime you trick or treat. I think about half the time I trick or treated, I got tricked...
How many treat bags would it take to be 99% sure you'll get a toothpick? 40!
Nov 2nd 2009 7:55PM I've been rolling with a blood tank for a while now and really love it. The high effective health and nice cooldowns make it my favorite.
For dps though, I loooove AoE and have to go with unholy. Unholy + the current 4pc T9 bonus is ridiculous for AoE. I pulled over 10k dps in Onyxia 25 this week, and my gear score is only in the 2400's. (To be sure, I'm not showing off my skill, just showing the prowess of this spec for sustained AoE encounters).
Nov 2nd 2009 3:09PM He's right about block value. Clearly if bosses aren't hitting as hard, warriors and paladins will be blocking a larger percentage of the damage. And obviously druids and death knights won't benefit from this buff.
Sep 15th 2009 4:37PM i remember story continuity came up once before on the forums, and the blue response was excellent. i don't remember the exact quote, so to paraphrase, "just because a character is dead on page 360, doesn't mean the character can't be alive on page 2."
Apr 23rd 2008 1:16AM 1. there's a percentage of players in wow that aren't fun to group with for the reasons talked about in the article.
2. these people are equally likely to play any class (dps, tank, healer)
3. only because there's such a shortage of tanks do they get to be so selective about the groups they choose.
any class that was in such short supply/high demand would choose not to pug.
stated another way: the reason that tanks choose not to pug, is that tanks have the option not to pug.