Apr 16th 2011 6:52PM Or at least a glyph that allows those who want it to be trees all the time. I've tried, but I just can't feel the same way about my druid any more.
Jul 2nd 2009 10:57PM Yes I'd certainly watch an ICFTB event video.
Lunar Fest was great fun, but unfortunately I missed this one because my guild had a flame raid of their own scheduled for the exact same time.
May 28th 2009 6:53PM I don't have any faction preferences. There's good and bad on both sides. But I have strong likes/dislikes among the races. If they reshuffled the factions to have trolls, draenei, dwarves and tauren all on one side I'd be delighted, specially with the upcoming druid makeover (the only reason I ever play a nelf is because I want a druid but hate the tauren cat form).
It's partly based on the lore and cultures of the races but also on more trivial aspects of the way the toons are put together: look, voice acting, jokes, dances etc. If I hate the animation of a particular model I find it really hard to play it for any length of time.
May 23rd 2009 5:51AM Yes! an octopus or cuttlefish thing that changes colours. And a salamandar that has a flaming animation and scuttles up and down things when idle.
I also would love a baby woolly rhino, with little stumpy horns, and it charges and does a little thunderstomp animation towards other pets.
And most of all, a tiny fel reaver that occasionally makes a full sized noise and ground shake.
May 9th 2009 6:34AM Fully agree with the idea of being able to recolour gear. I love the Wrath armour designs but as people have observed many times, there are so few distinct models. Plus I have a bunch of alts sitting at 60 and at least part of the reason for that is that my eyes bleed from the OL clown effect.
I also like the idea that every profession might have an equivalent to DEing, so that old gear can be separated into some useful mats according to the craftsperson's profession, just the same way a disenchanter does. Not back to its original mats, but perhaps to some special grade of metal/leather/cloth that (like basic enchanting mats) can only be obtained by that means, and which can be used in crafting new stuff.
Also it would be great if the other crafting profs had their own craftable mount available to them. I love the idea of blacksmiths being able to create an Armoured Steed, which might be like an empty suit of horse armour, while leatherworkers might have a craftable rhino mount made of lots and lots of leather and bits and pieces. Lorewise, if you need to make this logical, you could have it that these crafters are using captured scourge re-animation techniques that the alliance and horde forces want to experiment with.
Vanity pets and novelty items could also be by particular profession. Crafted costumes, maybe, for players and maybe even pets and mounts. (The idea of a leatherworker making a dress-up kit for warlock succubi is quite appealing). All those things would be potentially quite lucrative for crafters and add more flavour/RP fodder/individuality to the game.
Apr 3rd 2009 4:04PM OMG yes, that is amazing.
The barbie one is very cute too though. Good if you have kiddies and you want to train them early to play a shaman.
Mar 28th 2009 7:27PM There are so many good ones.
- Treant death, dance and sleep moves
- Geists creeping
- Female draenei unarmed moves...damn they look scary with their claws out! And UD female melee of course.
- Valkyr doing anything at all
- Female nelf idle anim where they bounce up and down. Yes I know it was put there for the numerous 10 year old boys who like boobies. But I like it because it makes my otherwise far-too-serious and aloof nelf look a little more appealing. And the smile is endearing.
- Male vrykul roar/lunge thing
- The way ghouls cringe with their hands over their head at low health
- Druid cat dance. I think it's exactly how a cat would dance if it could be bothered, that whole Jazz Club finger-clicking thing
- Male draenei staff animation - love the way it gives a bit of style to toons that often look endearingly uncoordinated
- And on that subject...the kind of gormless, knock-kneed way that male draenei stand. My enh shammy goes from looking like a pretty scary guy with a couple of axes in action, to standing as if he's the fat kid hoping to be picked for the team
- Male troll dance and crouch, and their stand-up-straight idle stretch
- Female orc melee combat. Everything about that looks just perfect, it'svery smooth and convincing
- Male gnome dance.
- Female nelf melee ready stance. It just looks plain stupid and exaggerated.
- Male nelf shooting, dancing, casting, running (wiggly ears OMG!!) death and most especially the walk. Actually everything that male nelves do. I used to think they walked like that because they all had piles. Then I concluded that actually they are deliberately forcing themselves to walk unnaturally straight to hide their resemblance to trolls. When you're not watching, they slouch like a troll but are less cool.
Mar 27th 2009 4:36PM Voice acting in a game is actually one of the things that really pulls me in and I think that Blizzard in some places fails quite badly with that (specially Alliance side NPCs: Jaina in Battle for Undercity, the often unconvincing pseudo-scots accents of the dwarves, just about any race's crying emotes, and those irritating damn screaming people at Fordragon Keep).
But sound wise they are so full of win that I'd find it hard to pick my favourites.
- Geists and to a lesser extent ghouls ("You like?" Not sure if I think that's incredibly cute or extremely sleazy)
- Thaddius' distance "help" emotes in Naxx, though I would have liked if they'd done something to more clearly tie that sound to Thaddius himself. The only reason you'd know it was him would be by background reading or noticing that you don't hear them anymore after he's dead.
- Fel Reaver, of course!
- The singing in UC. Heard that yesterday for the first time, was blown away.
- Murmur's noises
Things I hate (I think they're still good noises, but they creep me out too much):
- The scritchy scratchy noises in silithid hives
- The noise made by spores during Loatheb
- Orgasmic succubi death noises. Sounds they're enjoying it way more than is healthy.
- Gnome or belf laughter
Mar 26th 2009 10:30PM I don't feel all that strongly about skimpy gear, apart from wishing it applied to more male toons as well (fair's fair!) but there was one time around my late level 50s when my draenei pally had plate pants that I was genuinely embarrassed to be seen in. I forget the name but they looked like plate stockings or kinky fishing waders.
Even wearing a tabard didn't cover me up enough. Plus also my guild tabard is maroon and it clashed with the pants which were a sort of Scarlet Crusade pinky red. That probably offended me even more than the design to be honest.
Then I hit Outland and I had so much more to offend my sense of taste. But at least my trousers covered my thighs.
Mar 26th 2009 9:48PM The colour change ravager is the Ripsaw, outside Toshley's station.
Clearly as well as pretty colours they also have a healthy level of gnome-hatred.