May 14th 2009 7:31PM There are already abilities out their that decrease skills gained at level 80.
For example resilience decreasing the amount of damage a DoT does from my level 80 spell. Armor penetration decreasing armor rating.
This looks like another case of Blizzard's rogue love affair. When rogue/priest combinations are too over powered in 2v2, they nerf the priest and leave the rogue alone.
Aug 30th 2008 7:17PM In BC, Shadow Priests had their purpose, now they are just useless.
Jul 9th 2008 4:07PM As a priest in the BGs, I use the time while I am casting buffs to examine the players and mentally determine my healing priority for the group.
It usually goes something like this
1. Well geared players first - Since I rely on them to kill the enemy - the longer I keep them alive the longer I live and the more healing I can do.
2. Those who said thank you for the buffs and food -If I have to let someone die, it might as well be the ungrateful.
3. Players with not so good gear - I hate spamming heals on players who do less dmg than I could if I was attacking.
4. Those who beg for buffs or heals - Experience has taught me they are generally not team players and are the ones that lead the enemy back to the healer and then complain that they are not getting healed.
Oh and regarding that macro that is suppose to let me know you are getting low on health, I already know that you are getting the crap kicked out of you and I am either (1) trying to keep myself alive or (2) healing someone else higher on the priority list.
Finally, it is possible to move up on the healing priority list by doing one of the following:
1. Coming the rescue of your healer. Nothing endears you more with a healer, then keeping aggro away so I can do my job. I am not asking for you to be by side the entire battle, but dropping an ice trap or totems nearby before the battle starts is always appreciated
2. Actually attacking thier healers first. Nothing is more frustrating then when the other team focuses their fire on our healers first, while I watch any damage we do immediately being healed by a healer that is not under any stress.
3. Demostrating you actually understand you know how to play the BG.