Apr 10th 2011 5:21AM I believe they did address it, they buffed Arcane. :(
Oct 14th 2010 1:50PM Regarding the 310:
On Saturday, I completed Glory of the Ulduar raider. I recieved the 310 mount, AND it applied to my x-53 rocket (yet to test it on others). As of the patch, it is still 310 as is the rocket.
Sep 22nd 2010 5:13AM BRAVO!
As a 54 year old Pastor, a former member of the same denomination, an avid wow player and GM of a raiding guild I could not have said it better. I now am part of a more "radical" but not "legalistic" branch of Christianity.
Too often gamers are marginalized by the church. I am so glad to see more of people of like mind enjoying MMO's and the communities they create.
Keep the faith!
Sep 20th 2010 12:42AM With the Currency changes happening in the next patch, will we be able to purchase tier 10 gear (lvl 251) with justice points? Also, I noticed the exchange rate of Triumph and Frost to be the same, hence i conclude that farming triumph in heroics is worthwhile to get tier 10 on my alts....
Sep 4th 2010 6:51AM With the changes to Inscription, being able to swap them out with only having bought them one time, where does that leave inscriptionists in terms of making money? Apart from the better shoulder enchant, what do we get?
Aug 5th 2010 5:50AM /yawn. Didnt learn much about Gold Farming. Mis-placed title?
Jun 24th 2010 7:23PM Lag, Lag, Lag
Haven't seen this commented on, but since the patch there have been an amazing amount of Latency, FPS and Lag issues across the board in WoW. People have the right drivers, nice systems, delete the wtf folder, remove add-ons, etc, yada, yada - BUT it persists to the point of distraction.
I have perused the technical forums, little or no response.
Is WoWinsider aware of any "buzz" from blizz regarding this? The Patch wrecked the game in many ways for me and others, the relative silence is yelling louder and louder. The issue affects people who previously had no issues what-so-ever.
Patches are always buggy, we have come to expect that. But I would be in favor of rolling this patch back. Having gone from 60fps to 5 in a 5 man dungeon (let alone raids) is a deal killer.
Can we shake this tree and see what falls out??
Jun 23rd 2010 2:13PM Yes, We did raid and got 6 bosses down in ICC and the Raid weekly.
We chose to do so to test things out, work through glitches and discover what needed fixing.
I DID discover that using the "Classic" view of the chat frame re-enabled my G-15 macro keys YEAH!
Jun 3rd 2010 3:51AM Time to crack down on EBay. It is a crime that we are gouged by scalpers. They were listed for sale BEFORE they were even available.
Mar 1st 2010 4:06PM In my humble opinion, this is a crisis of leadership. This is not a harsh assessment or an indictment of this persons considerable skill or ability, but an observation based on experience.
I had to rebuild a raiding guild when our previous GM left suddenly. I made several choices early on that have proven to save me.
1. I will not do everything. But I will do everything to see that things get done. I am not the Raid Leader. I don’t organize the bank, run the loot system or organize the website. I don’t recruit. I involve myself in those things, and discuss them with those who serve those responsibilities.
We have had 3 Raid Leaders since I have been the GM over a period of about 8 – 9 months. It is not that I am not capable, but I work behinds the scenes to make sure things are taken care of.
2. My job is to identify leaders and see them moved into a place of appropriate responsibility and accountability.
3. A system of rewards for showing up. We are in ICC, yet still run ToC. The stated purpose of ToC is to fill in holes in peoples gear, and gear future raiders for ICC content. Many Core Raiders run alts, though loot priority goes to main toons main spec, etc. We use the epgp loot system and award a moderate amount of ep (effort points) for participation. Loot in 25 ICC is going to those with the highest numbers in the loot system, so our ICC raiders tend to show up so as not to fall behind in gathering Effort Points.
4. We have fun nights. AQ, BC content for achievements, raid the bridge into Stormwind (own it for an hour – it’s easier than you think with 8 people!) 25 Ony runs for the mount. Leveling alts.
5. Understand the nature of gamers. We like goals, we are motivated by vision and fun in pursuing it. We need encouragement and reward. No reward for effort makes for lackluster performance and burnout. We love our leaders and look to them for vision and direction.
Some advice to the GM. Declare a break from raiding for a little while (Arthas will be waiting). Let them run 10’s. Level an alt. Give that time a clear stopping and starting point. Show up, login, but simply hang out. Your faithful friends will stick around. In that time rebuild your way of doing things. Communicate to your guild, you owe it to them
Effective leaders work with training (by example) those who are their officers. They delegate authority and rarely take it back. They admit mistakes and make adjustments. They get feedback from officers and guild members and wrestle some of those ideas into reality.
There have been times where this was VERY challenging. Building a community can be messy. But those seasons are short and most often lead to seasons of peace, tranquility and fun.
Developing a volunteer army is not easy (no, I am not military). Convincing, cajoling, teasing and inspiring is hard work at times.
But Arthas is coming DOWN.