Apr 24th 2009 11:39AM This comment system is fail. It ate my whole comment after "epic post." Basically I said I love Allison, and agree with the points here.
Apr 24th 2009 11:38AM Epic post.
Apr 22nd 2009 7:32PM lol the nubhat! That is awesome.
We call that yellow/gold round mark the "cheese nipple." We didn't invent it, one of our guildies heard it somewhere else and we adopted it. We have all developed a superstitious belief that if we don't put the cheese nipple on a boss, we will not be able to down them. Often we will wipe a couple of times until someone goes "hey, we forgot the cheese nipple!" And then the mark will go up and we'll succeed on the next attempt.
Mar 18th 2009 6:15PM I can corroborate this anecdotally. My main is a Healadin. I got geared up faster than anyone else in my guild when we started running Naxx. Caster plate drops left, right, and center in there. In the beginning I also kept rolling on caster weapons like Grieving Spellblade, or various spellpower/crit rings and trinkets--and then later when I realized how badly things were skewed towards my spec in there I felt really guilty for not passing on that stuff that Mages and Locks could also use.
While I liked getting geared up quickly, and the better heals certainly supported our efforts, it would have been nice to know of the imbalance from the start so I could have passed on stuff so as not to feel like a loot whore. Here I just thought I was having a really, really, really good string of luck. :/
Mar 9th 2009 4:51PM Run as many battlegrounds as you can. That really is the best way to L2PvP. Don't give up, don't lose heart, don't worry that you suck (most of us did at one time.)
Mar 6th 2009 7:18PM >>The first one isn't really true and blizzard is still looking into that.
What? Yes it is. These days the only time I ever come close to running out of mana is on Razuvious, healing those dang Understudies, when they take so much damage that it's a (slowly) losing battle even with two healers on them. Even then I usually finish up the fight with 1/3 of my pool left. Worst case scenario I can pop LoH and get like 3K back which will usually carry me to my next Holy Plea.
I completely ignore the 5SR, like it doesn't exist. It's totally irrelevant.
I don't even have the four-set T7 bonus yet, and I STILL have absolutely no problem with mana. In fact I finally stopped stacking Int because Holy Plea is ticking over for over 1,000K/tick. I don't even remember the last time I hit a mana pot. Post T7x4, I anticipate the whole situation getting even more ridiculous with a flat across the board 5% mana cost reduction for Holy Light.
I dunno, maybe it's just a matter of perspective.
Mar 6th 2009 6:40PM Anyone who looks at healing meters as a measure of healing performance really does need to L2P.
My main is a Healadin. I freely admit to being OP in both PvP and PvE. Doesn't mean I want a nerf, but it's pretty inevitable. Let's see:
* I do not run out of mana. Ever.
* I have a 42% crit chance on Holy Shock. Unless I get really, really stunlocked I can run away from any PvP situation, just insta'ing myself all the way.
* I regularly crit 22K+ on Holy Light, and a third to half of those casts are like .8 second casts. And they are typically going to two targets instead of one.
* I can mitigate damage for thirty seconds on as many tanks as I care to.
* I regularly have 45%+ overheals by the end of a Naxx run. I usually main heal, and still have time for spamming Holy Light, over and over again, on raid members.
Yes. We will get nerfed. To the ground, baby.
Mar 6th 2009 4:13PM This was always going to happen for several reasons.
1) The majority of the playerbase who just log on and play and don't obsess over fansites like we do would not have found out about the requirement until after it was too late to get it that year
2) It's obvious that the design for What A Long Strange Trip It's Been is to reward the titles for events that are completable DURING the event, not for taking actions for the course of an entire year
3) Every single Holiday title achievement has been tuned so far--people haven't actually run them yet, they haven't been beta tested, and Blizzard doesn't know until it actually runs whether it meets their level of difficulty design
4) It's still quite difficult, even without the Brew of the Month requirement. Most of my guild hasn't tried to get every title. AFAIK I am one of only a handful (maybe 20 or 30 people) on my server who has every achievement so far. Most people don't have the time, patience, OCD, or combination thereof to actually pursue the title achievements
I also think it's likely, depending on how many people look like they're going to get it, that they'll reset the speed to 280%. They don't want those 310% mounts in everyone's hands, they're supposed to be special and rare. If even 30 people on a server had one, it wouldn't be that special or rare anymore.
Mar 5th 2009 6:58PM It would be a shame to make Heroics irrelevant for people with their rep maxed and who are Naxx+ geared. It would generally be bad for the early endgame as the player pool for heroics grew smaller and smaller.
Maybe they need to make a way for advanced players to farm Valor badges out of them instead of Heroism badges. Perhaps people with the full Naxx achievement would simply get Valor instead of Heroism.
I dunno... there should be some incentive for players in the late endgame to run Heroics...