May 26th 2009 7:17AM Apparently Zanathos you never had limited time whioe working third shift to get some stuff done in the game. Grouping is a pain and twiddling my thumbs waiting for someone to hopefully call out their need for assistance while your doing the same is silly if the intent of the argent tournament is to cater to casuals.
On top of this with the supposed addition in 3.2 their all 5 man content further screwing over the common player who doesn't have time begging for a group. Mind you my gear is better then anything avalible from the AT save the sword itself (which is awesome! =) the point is I cannot raid anymore and I don't like the idea of being locked out of additional so called casual content.
May 25th 2009 2:34PM Sadly, the argent tourneyment has stuff perfect for those not wishing to group. I mean if you do not group what do you need anything purple for? Your not raiding or grouping outside for fun so why need uber gear? That being said however, every group quest punish those who do not wish to always be bogged down and forced to group to aquire the seals. With 3.2 on the horizon it apprently gets worse.
I am trying to avoid MORE group quests. Thus far only one been introduced and I am trying to avert additional quests being bogged down because their a group requirement. Simply put I do not have time to whine in general looking for a group I just want in grab what I can and leave. If I don't have time to sit and waste time asking for a group when I could be simply running the dalies like the majority of our current dalies allready are.
May 25th 2009 10:47AM I love the idea of grinding out gold. I love the idea it's Wrath's version of the sunwell isles.... HOWEVER... if it's not soloable content ( can we say chillmaw) then there is little reason to continue putting forth a huge effort. if all I can get is three to 4 seals instead of the full five because of ONE stupid as hell 3 man quest then it's a fail.. if the content was all 3+ group quests least you know what it is open book dungeon romp. But to try to pull this off as something for the causals made it a total fail. I heard the future patch was gonna be more group crap. I was hoping faction armor will be out in a future patch but likely that will accomodate the new amount of selas or the new type of seals you get with the next set of quests screwing over the community of casuals. I really LOVED the AT if not for Chillmaw quest... so you wann screw us over?
go for it.
You allready saying screw you casuals. Hell we didn't even ask for it and you gaveth and taketh away. Why should the next content be for us? Just keep playing your song and dance to none casuals.
May 24th 2009 9:25AM Seriously. I would LOVE to see him lead the Death Knights... I mean it's a form of 'good' Scourge! Being basically unholy paladins and likely the flipside of Paladins liken that of the ashbringer itself; It would be great to see Bolfang lead them.
I also hope Ebon hold rep would also allow us who desire it to communicate with the opposing factions. I want the ability to walk into Ogrimaar as a Alliance char and they know that I worked to bring peace and not war to them. (provided we are allowed to pvp for fun outside faction cities.)
May 10th 2009 3:18PM Easy peasy.
1. Let us select from our mounts the taxi looks like when used so least we be on mounts we earned.
2. Limit how high one can fly and areas of such 'glitchs and unfinish content' simply cannot not be apporached.
I mean there is a limit how high we can fly in game and how far out from outland we can fly so why not limits on the old content as well?
It's not hard they just don't want to bother.
Apr 22nd 2009 2:09PM I just got a patch with no patch notes.. a fix?
and yes I converted.
Apr 1st 2009 7:58AM To Snapjack,
I think we can assume if they both gave the same loot Blizzard wouldn't be so stupid as to not have both on the same timer.
Apr 1st 2009 7:56AM I was one always for the idea 10 man is for casuals while 25 is for hardcore.
Now after reading this article the whole debate is again up in the air to me.
10 mans gives out less gear per sweep plus requires everyone being awake. ( I was in 10 man Naxx (check out Sufyrhymn of Garrosh ) when was in the guild Sorted ( A fantastic guild BTW if your into Hardcore runs which sadly I am not) They could NOT carry me through it like they could 25 man. I had to put out MUCH more effort for LESS rewards.
Sorry just MO.
25 man takes ALOT more effort for something that is a mere .5 imporvement in gear. Sadly all that effort is getting the people together not actually running it. I ran along for FUN with my guild and it did NOT require anywhere near the concentration or effort that 10 man did. But concidering how difficult it was to get 25 people to run it gave the illusion of it being harder.
In the end I want to get to Arthas and I am happy to do it with the more difficult (the one that requires most effort) version of raiding: 10 man. If I want a challenge with 25 man I will do the hardcore options... too bad 10 man comes automatically with such compared to 25 man.
Mar 30th 2009 9:11AM I'd just create an Instance of the ENTIRE Icecrown where the entire zone is filled with giant and reg mobs. Take the wrong route and not CC right and you whipe.
Interesting parts of it?
* Each gate has a boss from the old storylines of Warcraft. Add famous dead like... King Llane, a headless Blackhand, Mannoroth and a headless Kael'thalas. (Yes he's back!)
* Pre bosses includes flying battles with the headless Onyxia frostwyrm as well as a headless Nefarion frostwyrm.
* The last boss is an undead Illidan that flies and you need flying mounts in phase one and then when you take out his wings he insta kills the wyrms helping you and you need to confront him at the doors to the Litch King's Citidel.
The whole idea is twofold. For players to take out previous famous chars from past Warcraft games and two for a show and tell of the Litch Kings favorite scourge.
Mar 25th 2009 8:00AM Battlegrounds was a great Idea.
Arenas numbers we're also a great idea. ( All PvP none instances should have at least an option of 10vs10, 20 vs 20 and 40 vs 40. )
PvP being a viable option was a good idea.
Arenas COULD have been a great idea.
Now what went wrong?
1. Arenas is just not another means to an end but the only means to exclusive content. It's hardcore. They learned their lesson with raids but not PvP? PURE STUPIDITY.
2. Making Arena PvP more of a 'who can figure out the best all around spec and it's support group' and thinking that lots of people want small scale encounters concidering the massive imbalance pvp is in this game allready.
3. PvP STILL not balanced enough for competitive play. It's still a gimmick and not an actual sport. I seriously think no one on Blizzard's team knows what a good 'Arena' match is like.
4. Imbalanced classes and gear.
Solution? The only thing I can bloody figure is these suggestions.
*Make it if your in PvP no one in PvE gear can fight.
*You must declare PvP before leaving any city.
*You can only put on PvP gear while within city limits.
* There should be basic gear sets to start everyone off with additional 'tiers' as the 'seasons' continue.
* Since you cannot PvP in ANY PvP gear, let the gear balance the class so PvErs stop being punished.