Nov 8th 2008 3:18PM completely ridiculous.
There are going to be plenty of copies of the CE come the release day (not the midnight release though).
Last expansion, I picked up my CE at Target in the morning. They had about 8 copies or so and said they should be getting more that day. A friend told me they had many copies at Gamestop that day he picked his up.
If you do a search on eBay, you can get the Burning Crusade CE for just about the same price it sold at when it was released. Blizzard produced many upon many copies.
My suspicion is that they've done the same for this release since it was in such high demand.
On another note, the reason why the original CE of the game can only be found for a wad load of cash is because they produced very little of them not knowing how well the game would go over. Plus that was quite a long time ago...perhaps they'll consider pressing another version, I sure would love to have the DVD, CD and Artwork from the original game.
Nov 7th 2008 9:33AM pick me.
Oct 14th 2008 8:01PM I will be making a sandwich.
Sep 23rd 2008 7:35AM dunno. i seemingly can do it twice a day and others have said they can do it.
wowwiki also lists it as resetting every 12 hours. I'll try and check this today.
Sep 20th 2008 10:35PM I think this is unfortunate, not only because I didn't get myself a pre-order off in time, but the fact that you know they'll have tons to sell, but they are only selling a limited amount for midnight.
Just means I have to wait 8 hours and get mine in the morning. Sucks. I hope they fill an additional order.
Sep 20th 2008 10:32PM since I can't post a new comment on the Brewfest Tips and Tricks article...I just want to give out some information that may or may not have already been said.
After you complete the first initial race of picking up and delivering the kegs on the rams, you can do a subsequent quest. It won't show up in your log or anything. You can do this once every 12 hours.
The quest is pretty much the same thing, except you receive 2 tickets per keg you return. You have a 4 minute timer just like the previous quest. I also found that with each keg you return, it'll add time to your timer, allowing you to get more runs in if you're quick enough to make use of it.
I'm Horde, so for the Orgrimmar race, I suggest bolting it to the apple bucket hidden slightly behind the hill to the left of the path, you can make this an easily route and reset your timer not having to go out of your way and stay on course. I did this and received 10 tickets and nearly 12.
Just keep going until your timer runs out, not sure if there is a cap, but you can easily make out with some extra tickets.
Sep 19th 2008 10:25PM Besides the patterns that aren't grey presently, are any BC patterns for tailoring going to be changed so we can level using them in the coming expansion, or are the patterns you see right now the only ones that'll level you once Wrath hits?
Sep 15th 2008 5:21PM I'll be picking up the Collectors Edition. Although $70 is nearly twice is much as the regular edition...it's a one time buy and an extra $30 isn't too steep. I still feel Blizzard could put some more (poster, coupons, ect) or lower the price, but it's not an insane request. Here's a recap of the things in the collectors edition.
DVD-Rom of the Game
- Besides being a space saver (although you didn't buy the CE to conserve space), it's also useful having the game on one disc in case you lose it. You do however lose some of the great artwork that'll come with additional discs. If you recall, last expansion, we not only got the DVD version but the 4 discs as well.
Artwork Book (aka the coffee table book)
- You know, when I bought last expansions CE, I wasn't all that much interested in this thing, but after I got it...I absolutely loved it. I'm just disappointed that they didn't make it any bigger this time around (both are 208 pages).
DVD : Making of Wrath of the Lich King
- Who doesn't love these sort of DVD's...unfortunately the last CE's DVD was too short for my taste and this one sounds like it might even be shorter...not sure why though...there's so much they could put to DVD...Blizzcon...Machinima...Featurettes...I gotta say, Blizzard may have let me down on this one.
- This is really what I was waiting for...being a huge music fan and having enjoyed the music from the past releases, I anticipate this to be a good one...I just hope they include more bonus tracks like they said they were and keep this CD packed to the brim.
- Everyone loves these...I am so-so on the matter. It's a nice edition to add to the bonuses of buying the CE, but this year, they just rehashed an idea...everyone thought it was going to be a cute penguin...Blizzard...you should listen to your fans. (or at least come up with an entirely new pet in the game we haven't already seen)
- I love my Outland mousepad and look forward to retiring it with a Northrend mousepad. This is something all users with make use of, so it's a great bonus!
TCG Starts Packs & Special Cards
- If you're not into playing the card game, then you'll probably not care all that much. I had started on this game and was interested in the cards with past expansions CE, but the game turned out to be a buzzkill for me. This is a nice bonus (the cards do feature some great artwork), but it's exactly the same as we got last year.
The likeliness is that if you bought last years and you're planning to pick up the new expansion...you'll probably get this as well. If you're still unsure...just consider this...you're getting the same amount of content as you did last CE...so if you enjoyed that, then make that the premise of your decision. Although like I said, I will be buying the CE...I can't really say kudos to Blizzard to changing or expanding on the content.
Sep 4th 2008 2:23PM Are Badges of Justice still being used in Wrath of the Lich King content?
Sep 4th 2008 2:21PM This your first time playing WoW? Blizzard easily paves it's way for new screw-ups and a lot of their decisions don't get hindered by preplanning and insightfulness.
Just wanted a confirmation from people in the beta that we wouldn't have to redo some achievements (obviously some you couldn't do over, nor would want to if you could...such as rep achievements).
Thanks for the answer though.