Sep 16th 2009 3:24PM Pick me! Otherwise my poor wife will continue to be subjected to my guild's Vent rants nightly...
Aug 27th 2009 9:54PM I've got non Battle.net accounts and can connect to about half of the realms listed above, including Cenarius, Farstriders, Wyrmrest Accord and Darrowmere. Of course, my Battle.net account, completely borked.
Aug 22nd 2009 12:10PM Makes sense to have hunters using focus, as that's what our pets use. Maybe a revamp of the talent tree to have certain shots or abilities regain a percentage of our focus instantly, much like how our pets regenerate their focus. Undead or human hunter? Yeah, I could totally see me rolling one of those.
Aug 11th 2009 10:21AM All I can say is somebody at DirecTV better have their finger on that dump button while he's on stage...
Jul 8th 2009 12:35AM "The use text is a little odd in that it notes the "tome is consumed when read." To me that means that the book is only a one use thing and really has no reason to be Bind on Account."
Actually it's very similar to the old days when the mounts weren't BoP and were the higher priced of the two (the training being the other) and your 60 (at the time) could buy them up and send them out to the alts, who then just had to pay the 10g for the training.
This way, your 80 can buy the book (since it's in Dalaran from the same vendor who sells the Armored Brown Bear) and send it off to the 68 alt who's just arrived in Howling Fjord or Borean Tundra and can't get to Dalaran without a mage or warlock to portal/summon them.
Aug 20th 2008 10:12AM I just noticed you filed this under "humor". Whoops. My bad.
Aug 20th 2008 9:57AM Interesting article...I almost hoped it was a sarcastic title until I read the "Top 10". After getting my invite I moved a couple of 70s over (after a 4 day wait like most folks who got their invite over the 8/10/08 beta wave). In the 4 days I took me to get them copied over, I created a Death Knight. She's currently sitting at 72 finishing up the last of the quest lines in Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord (I brought her up at 68 AFTER the XP change). I have a few problems with your hate list:
1. Think about the TWO servers that currently house BETA players. That's ONE PvP and ONE PvE server for all the beta testers running around trying to break the game (which most will agree is the premise for beta testing). We still get the "World Server Is Down", which you will agree isn't a "beta-only" issue.
2. None of my family, friends or guild mates got in either. So...do I flaunt that when I go back to live? Nope, I let them know about what's up, any changes, etc. I also blog about it on our guild website.
3. I guess changing schools must've been tough for you then as well... I found a pretty good group of folks to run with in a guild that has carried itself over from Alpha, and they are from all different servers, and all sorts of play experience.
4. I remember launch day (ok... MIDNIGHT) for Burning Crusade. First thing everyone did is make a Blood Elf Paladin or a Draenei Shaman. You expected less from a Death Knight.
5. Oh, speaking of DKs, since they are ENTIRELY new, I think having tons of evil, death dealing mushrooms is good for feedback for the developers. Bloodworm healing, Blood Aura refunding talent points every time you zone/hearth/etc. These things are needed for Blizzard to get the kinks out. Oh, and those DKs looking for a healer for Ramparts? Please, at 58 you can 4 man Ramparts AND Blood Furnace if they are all specced Blood...which by the way only costs 1c each time.
6. Finally, if you hate it so much, think about all those who DIDN'T get in the beta and use sites like this to glean every possible bit of info so they can know what to expect (more or less) when Wrath finally goes live.
I respect this site greatly and the quality of articles are generally very high. To be perfectly honest, your article belongs more on the live "General Forums" on the World of Warcraft site than it does here.