Jun 18th 2009 8:38PM There is hope yet!
Dugg from the depths of the PTR notes comes a new Hunter Trap!
Trap of Paladin.
Hunter lays a trap, enemy walks over it, and a Paladin pops out, screams, "GOTCHA @#*#%!", and then Hammer of LOLZ them in the face.
Jun 18th 2009 6:59PM Even the Replenishment NERF affects Hunters the Most IMO...
Ya know, concidering all of the MP5 gear we tend to wear to counter it :p
Jun 18th 2009 6:18PM 1) Woot for ammo changes
Reduction in Ammo Used = NO
Ammo Cost Change (1/2 the ammo in a box for 1/2 the mats? wtf?) = NO
Ammo/crates take up more bag space
2) Deterrence now has a new visual spell effect
Players can see it coming now? /clap
3) The time that traps will exist in the world after being put down has been reduced to 30 seconds, down from 1 minute.
This has gotta be a buff right? Now a rouge only has 30 seconds to get to it and disarm it now too!
4) Traps now have separate 30 second cooldown categories: Fire (Immolation Trap, Explosive Trap and Black Arrow), Frost (Freezing Trap, Frost Trap) and Nature (Snake Trap). A hunter can have one trap of each category placed at one time.
Since I already needed too few keybinds as a hunter, blizz has graciously given me an actual reason to use more.
5) Entrapment: This talent no longer works with Immolation Trap or Explosive Trap.
This is a good thing, i mean keeping peeps off me in PVP is the one thing we do too well, and we should have to work harder @ it..
6) Beast Mastery - Catlike Reflexes now also reduces the cooldown of your Kill Command ability by 10/20/30 seconds.
w/e - Guess this fixes BM ?
7) Lock and Load: Now has a 22 second cooldown. The Lock and Load effect cannot be obtained on targets immune to snare effects when Frost Trap is used.
So, snares pointless on bosses, Pally Bubbles, etc. Got It
And LnL procs will be even less frequent, Got It
8) Roar of Sacrifice: Redesigned. This ability can now be used on any friendly target to make that target immune to critical strikes, but the Hunter pet takes 20% of all damage taken by that friendly target. Cooldown increased to 2 minutes.
Since we already have so few keybinds and apparently just faceroll, we have ample time to tab target around and utilize this. Maybe in those arena's (Ring of Valor) where our pets bug out completely and don't do anything the entire match, this will give them something to do since they are to bored to fight already.
Given (Aspect of the Cheetah: Can now be learned at level 16.) the coolest thing for hunters is that @ level 16, you can run away from people in an arena much faster at an earlier level.
Feb 24th 2009 8:14PM In summation, DK's were overpowered in PvP, and will continue to be overpowered in PvP. But, who woulda thought any different.
Feb 24th 2009 4:48PM So with the new advent of joining a battleground from anywhere, which was the only other real ghetto-hearth "joining as group and afk out" I wonder how that will be affected now?
Jan 19th 2009 4:06PM To be honest I think that any 'gold savings' is really just secondary to convenience. As a 'pure class' hunter taking advantage a dual spec for PVP would be helpful. Spending the gold never has, nor I assume will never be a concern. However, finding your way to a trainer, remembering the exact spec, and finding your way back to whatever you were planing on doing is an event.
Then 20 minutes into it a guild mate need help in an instance, so it's back to do it all again. THB, Dual spec just makes for a more enjoyable playing experience vs. wasting the little playtime some may have.
Nov 11th 2008 8:24PM mmmmm.... to "tide us over"?
How bout something to tide us till the relms are online again :p
Sep 18th 2008 8:56PM FreshDeal is still posting active links to vendors with inventory left along with discounts, etc. see http://www.freshdeal.com/deal/906/world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king-deal.html
Sep 16th 2008 2:15PM Fresh Deal as it cheaper:
$36.99 with $2.99 Shipping