Jan 12th 2011 11:55AM If we get a Roomba pet in-game, I also demand a little "*batteries not included" flying pet, which will during non-combat times flit around repairing a random person on the team's damage at a rate of 1% per minute (and charging them for the gold!).
Jan 11th 2011 12:36PM Those poor gryphons. All alone and forgotten.
Jan 11th 2011 12:33PM I'd love to know how much lift those wings generate to lift a STONE drake.
Jan 11th 2011 12:28PM Two questions:
1. Are tailors getting a new flying carpet? We need a new model of Lexus, please, for 2011.
2. There is a PVP achievement for 100,000 HKs that gets you the title "Yourname of the Alliance/Horde". The new 250,000 version for Cataclysm is "Yourname the Bloodthirsty". Are they going to do an upgrade for the 3000 quest "Yourname the Seeker" in a similar vein?
Jan 11th 2011 10:34AM Making Rated Battlegrounds only into pre-made teams was really quite stupid. The original notion of it being elite-mode BGs with a single person able to join was far, far better.
Jan 10th 2011 4:57PM 1. Begin the game in separate phased instances -- each team upon Tol Barad acceptance gets a 3-5 minute setup phase to run around and position themselves. After 3-5 minutes, everyone drops into the same phased instance at once. The extra time could allow more people to queue up. Fight!
2. Make everyone respawn in one graveyard or the other: Horde northwest, Alliance southeast. Always and only.
3. Discard the notion of capping x locations to win.
4. Add an Arathi/Battle For Gilneas type Reinforcements counter. Start it at 3000; 1000 for each primary location. Each
5. 30 minute countdown timer.
6. Defending/holding a location as the Defending team increases the counter. Attacking/holding a location as the Attacking team decreases the counter. Rate per location: 100 per minute +/- reinforcements.
7. Destroying each Spire reduces the maximum value of the counters by 750 each. Destroy one: max counter value of 2250, destroy two: max value of 1500, destroy three: max value of 750. Each destruction adds +5 minutes to the timer as well.
8. If Attackers take 3 towers and hold them for one minute, they win Tol Barad. If Defenders take 3 towers, the Reinforcement value is reset to the current maximum value. This will be a reward for Defenders having won the previous Tol Barad, and should be the only asymmetric factor in the map and game.
8. The Defenders win if they can hold out for a 30-45 minute siege.
9. The Attackers also win if they: Destroy all three Spires and manage to drop the score to 0.
10. Successfully attacking or defending nets you a flat +250 honor. Being the loser gets you a pat on the back.
It would make the entire idea of the current dull and unfun Zerg Rush defense completely irrelevant, and would force each team to split their forces across all six locations in order to win. Putting just two graveyards on the map -- one each behind near a spire--adds an extra element of concern. The initial phasing takes care of that -- you can position all your Attackers in one place, but where will the defenders go? Did you 'teleport' your entire army into Warden's Vigil? What if they're all there?
The fact the destruction of the spires reduces the maximum Reinforcement value should make the battle increasingly frantic as it progresses, as holding each location for more than one minute gains more and more value.
Endless strategic possibilities.
Jan 10th 2011 11:42AM Whats the best attack rotation/chain these days on an 85th Felguard PVE spec for raiding/dungeons?
I was able to do 10k with a lot of hustling on my destro spec, at ilevel say 340-345 average or so, but then I watched my guild's FG lock toss up 11-12k and I know a demo doesn't have as many buttons to push as I do. Add in that I've been primary destro since about day 1 of Lich King, and I wanted a change. What should I start with to fine tune on the dummies?
Jan 7th 2011 11:11AM Uldum has what, 120 quests? Harrison is what, 60 of them? With about 20-30 for Nazis and about the difference, or 30ish for Cat people?
It should have been 4-5 Nazi for a quick gag (the turkey quest and Nine! Nine! were pretty damn funny), Harrison limited to the airplane gag (which was pretty funny) for 5-10, and then the difference of the archaeology ones Brann and the cat people.
Jan 6th 2011 6:03PM No, this is brilliant, but have it count as an achievement with no actual gain in net achievement points -- 0 value, so that people can see you've done them. Marks of shame!