Feb 11th 2012 2:24PM i dont think pally undead or even worgen would be too unorthodox, they were both human at one point and can both still be priests and warriors (which imo is all a pally is, a warrior with some priest spells). i would just have the undead have purple/black colored abilities and worgen red colored abilities.
as for how well the elf/tauren classes were implimented, i think blizzard should have pointed a bigger arrow at the little quest/events. i found them easily enough, but i know alot of people didnt know about the pre-cata event that explained where they came from.
Feb 5th 2012 12:42PM @hob
the chance of Ysera being corrupted by the nightmare atm is slim since the nightmare was contained and imprissoned in one of the books. not saying theres no chance but she lived and fought with it for thousands of years without being corrupted so it would take something big to do it now.
As far as Alexstrasza, even if she decided not to like the mortal races anymore that doesnt change her personality. Even with not being an aspect she's still all about preserving life, going on the offensive against the races that have (mostly) been her allies would be counter-intuitive to her beliefs
Feb 5th 2012 12:37PM another point, maly also went nuts because of DW, so the 2.5 aspects we killed all needed killing because of the old god corruption on DW. if you want to get into why Alexstrasza and Ysera werent affected you could say it was because Ysera's been in another plain of existance for thousands of years and Alexstrasza's powers represent the polar opposite of the old gods
Feb 5th 2012 12:30PM 3 things:
1) even though we 'killed' murzond as soon as we kill DW that future where we killed him never happened. With DW dead Noz never goes insane.
2) Murzond was only 'crazy' cause he survived the end of the world and wanted to save it. Every time we've seen infintes it was Murzond playing the long game to prevent the final cataclysm.
3) the aspects arent really aspects anymore, they gave up the titan powers to empower the dragonsoul and kill DW. If by some wierd reason the broodleaders (cause thats what they are now) go off their rocker they wont be as powerful anymore
4) and just for kicks, Alexstrasza and Ysera have millions of fanboys that ill keep them safe from player harm
Feb 3rd 2012 1:41PM @zackwbrandon
uh, hearthstones and portals have been used by both npc's in the game and characters in other media, like the stone jaina gave to princess anduin. they might not use them as frequently as we as players do but your argument doesnt hold up. A year is a long damn time and when youve got super powers (compared to RL) its not hard to believ that everything that's happened in game only took a year
Jan 30th 2012 12:03PM following up my reply to Ilmyrn's comment.
Why did Tirion have to survive the Cataclysm? I was so hoping he'd be the first to die in one of the earthquakes, even more so if he could be crushed by one of his statues.
Jan 30th 2012 11:58AM Tirion was never cool. He spent vanilla and bc hiding in a cave, then spent wrath being a douche. Every accomplishment in wrath he and the argent losers take credit for was really the doing of the players and the Ebon Blade. he could have killed arthass when his heart was out in the open, but blew that and had to be saved by the EB. When the argent's first base in icecrown was under siege, it was the EB who killed the leaders of the seige. The only thing the argents accomplished was fighting a never ending war against some worthless trolls that didnt aid the story at all and giving us a bunch of dailies no one liked.
All Tirion amounts too is a name with some followers slightly less fanatical than the Scarlets, who kill steals and goes against peoples dying wishes.
Jan 24th 2012 3:04PM @Amaxe
1) there have always been nelf mages, they were just outcasts
2) in the pre cataclysm events there was an event and quest for both factions, for alliance explaining the return of the highborn and for horde showing the first holy cows deciding to start learning 'from the sun' to counter the nelf moon goddess
Jan 22nd 2012 10:37AM I don't know about you guys, but the only fight in DS i HAVE to go Arms from Fury is Madness. Every other fight (with the exception of black blood on Yor) I still do more damage and am in the top as Fury. The only ones outdps-ing me are our 2 mages with their Dragonwreaths and our second phase dagger rogue. Maybe it's the group set up or maybe I'm just incredibly awesome, but as Fury I'm still out-doing most of the pack including two seasoned Arms warriors. In fact, if it werent for Blood and Thunder spreading spellweave on the bllods in Madness, i wouldnt even tough Arms, wretched whack a mole spec that it is