Apr 3rd 2012 1:08PM I have unpredictable schedule and I find gearing for PvE way more frustrating than for PvP it also feels kind of pointless as I know I'll never raid.
1. If you have no PvP gear you will be two-shotted almost all the time. This is normal and it's part of the game.
Instead of trying to score kills practice how you can extend your life span practice your defensive abilities. Every class has them. With each piece of gear this will get better.
2. You may have no gear but you still have utility. Basically slowing down (snares) and crowd control is so much more valuable, than you trying to score a kill that (due to your gear) will not come.
3. Jerks on your team - remember this: anyone spending his/her time typing anything else but relevant information in the chat is a terrible player. Ignore them, if it is out of hand report them.
4. Finally sometimes you and your team can do everything right and still lose.
You will lose to a better team. But trust me your time will come and the epic win will be yours.
Feb 25th 2011 1:37PM What class puts me at ease? Any one of them if played competently.
I have done enough pugs to see every single class excel. Sadly I have also done enough pugs to see every single class played by people who failed as players and lacked basic human decency in general.
Dec 29th 2010 4:15PM I play my rogue casually and I found this column very helpful and pleasant read. It helps me to learn the fundamentals about my class - which seems to already put me over at least 50% of rogues out there. I would like to thank Chase for his articles and I hope he'll write more.
Oct 22nd 2010 1:43AM Wait a sec, you got kicked for having a low (3k) DPS on trash in heroic halls of stone?
1. Anyone of any kind of skill and experience in the game knows that it is plenty DPS. God give me 3 DPS doing 3k and able to follow instructions and I'll happily tank/heal heroic HoR.
2. Anybody yelling at other people in heroic hos has likely serious mental issues. Running HoS is probably the best thing he/she gets to do. So picking on "seemingly" weak is how they get off.
3. You may have been kicked but in reality you were spared to waste another second of your life with such a troubled person.
Don't worry too much about DPS on your priest, in my experience blizzard seemed to have found way to keep most classes with at least one viable DPS spec in recent months.
If you still have doubts roll a pure class you may easily find that grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. It's just different.
Aug 26th 2010 12:42PM @Saitenyo
Mana at low levels - presuming you don't quest or DPS much I suggest to get 3/3 Meditation I know it's forcing you to invest 13 points in a disc tree which feels odd when you want to level holy but you will not regret it. After getting meditation you can stick all the rest in holy.
The protocol on warlocks is that they much like other DPS don't really matter.
Any DPS at around level 47 demanding heals should be let to die by default.
Having said that when i play my lock and i get a little hot after a life tap I don't mind but since my lock is afflock with Siphon Life , it's largely unnecessary to heal me as i'll heal myself as i DPS.
Jul 7th 2010 12:52PM I play wow because I have magical powers in a virtual world that allows me to forget my daily troubles. Some people drink, some people do drugs, I play games and wow particulary.
I cannot wait for our bartenders and/or neighbourhood dealers to start collecting and posting our personal information to
- Provide better social service
- Increase quality of our behaviour when we use their product
- Have long term vision for their product
Jun 24th 2010 3:15PM With the recent changes to armory people who know my toon name know almost everythign about that said toon.
And with the real ID they will know about every single toon i have when I log on.
- if i'm on anywhere (hey we really badly need a tank right now would you log in on your .....)
- when i play (look he's been on at 3 am in the morning he will not be the sharpest at work today)
- what i have been up to (look he pugged ICC-25 but won't run ICC-10 with us)
- what faction i play for (dude don't tell me you are helping the horde in WG)
So yes too real for me and I won't use it (while we are at it any way to disable the activity feeds on armory?)
Jun 14th 2010 12:29PM Inspired last year by article from Matticus I used lightwell for a while and it was OK. But I took it as little fun talent, for very occassional use never expecting it to do much. When they came out with body and soul and I got better gear I used that talent point there to get speed buff after I bubble - again fun little thing not game breaking in any way.
If someone tells me I'm forced to take it - I go meh whatever.
I only ever start complaining when lightwell will instead of being fun niche spell turns into core healing ability - like if someone at blizzard will go: hey holy priests can in theory do 5% extra of their heals through lightwell let's nerf all their other healing. Then not even the charming Dawn will be able to convince me to like ti.
Jun 13th 2010 1:17AM They do stack, but your regen will never be more than 100% - in other words no point taking multiple regen talents. Just take the talents appropriate for your spec and if you are really low on mana just use Mage Armor instead of Molten Armor.
Mar 4th 2010 11:22AM @Inviskat
Gear: Stamina/Agility (once you get to 80 it will be a good idea to get some hit rating and expertise and dodge at 71 do not worry)
Glyph: Glyph of Maul for extra threat
I have Maul macroed to my swipe, mangle and lacerate such as this
/cast Swipe (Bear)
Mutliple mobs just swipe and maul - demo roar to get their attention
Single mob Feral Fire, Mangle, and then the Maul/Lacerate macro to five stacks
Keep up: Mangle debuf and Demo Roar (you should also keep up feral fire but i do not think i ever had to cast it more than once thank god for its long duration)
At 71 you should be able to include all important talents with the exception of Berserk.
You have 9 talents less so let's see what we can remove
Improved mangle 3 points Berserk 1 point Shredding Attacks 2 points Charge 1 point Survival Instincts 1 point and Omen of clarity 1 point - all the stuff we removed you should get back as you level.
Have fun, and do not put up with jerks, everybody needs a tank and nobody cares about another DPS.