Jan 5th 2011 2:44PM Ugh, again with misinformation about Break. The healing debuff is healind *done*, and it's there to prevent the tank from being able to heal himself over 10k every hit. The increased damage that break stacks is actually to *prevent* the tank with break also eating double attack. Don't be afraid of break -- increased damage to the tank doesn't mean anything when bile-o-tron is active. As already suggested, the correct way to deal with this encounter is to have an offtank taunt when Chimaeron gets the Double Attack buff, and the main tank taunts back immediately after Chimaeron hits the OT. You only need to keep the OT healed to full.
Jan 22nd 2010 1:34AM @Eyhk: I'm guessing that rng is mostly to prevent bots from autofishing? if you know the bobber will appear where the cursor casts to, then it might be easier to wait for the sound event and click again in that same location? just guessing, not a bot programmer ;)
Dec 19th 2009 11:57AM @Yakuko, maybe we have different versions of recount, but I've asked pugs to post stats just so I could compare, and the only ones that are off by more than 10% are the occasional casters/hunters who stand at max range. Yeah, there has been more variation than when I compare with local groups, but I haven't seen anything like 1k dps differences (barring, like I said above, the hunter who was standing at max range).
Dec 19th 2009 11:28AM @Sky, recount is working fine as long as you're not more than 30 yards away from your other members. I find it cute, though, that all the fail dps use the "Recount duzn't werk acros svrs noobs!" argument to excuse their poor performance.
Dec 4th 2009 2:18AM Those are hard ways to do it, imho. Posters have already touched on improved methods, I guess there are a lot of variations on the theme. Our method is:
1. The two tanks wear the appropriate essence for the boss they're tanking. They always stay this essence and are healed through / use cooldowns during opposite vortex. Both bosses are tanked next to eachother.
2. Two more members with high health (we use our other two tanks) are designated ball poppers, and wear the opposite essence of the raid. They protect the raid who is all bunched up by popping all balls of the wrong color for the raid, one in front and one in back.
3. The raid starts off with dark essence and immediately sets up by a light essence portal. If the special is the dark vortex or corresponding shield, the raid can sit and pew pew. If it's the wrong shield, everyone switches target and color and breaks the shield, while the soakers switch which balls they're popping. No real need to use lust as long as everyone is quick about target and portal switching. Then the raid runs as a group when clear to the dark portal, and repeat this process till boss dies.
That method works fine as long as your soakers are on the ball about stopping the wrong color balls from hitting the raid, and always aware of what essence the raid currently is. It's a lot easier to find two good people to do this, than try to rely on the entire raid being aware. Tanks, obviously, are already people with high awareness and mobility, so it's a natural fit.
Nov 2nd 2009 5:09PM UGH. People, PLEASE stop rating comments up and down based on if you disagree/agree with the content. The rating system IS NOT a popularity contest; it's a spam/inappropriateness filter. LilBanshee has had every comment downrated, yet there is no spam, he is not calling anyone names, and is generally presenting a very cogent argument. You may disagree with him, but that is NOT a good reason to downrate him. This isn't grade school where we're picking who's on the Cool Team and who isn't; we are all reasonable adults (okay, maybe that's a stretch) who can disagree with eachother in a mature manner.
Oct 31st 2009 2:24PM I don't understand the irrational exuberance over this encounter. All they've done is add an NPC that isn't on grid for me to heal. Woo. So dynamic. Or not. It's the same as any other fight; Don't stand in crap, do stand in shinies, be mobile, and heal. The fact that I now have to focus an npc and heal my focus doesn't really add anything to the encounter. Don't get me wrong -- I love the game, and I love the encounters -- ALL of the encounters -- and I'm excited about ALL of Icecrown. I just don't understand why some healers think this is some revolutionary encounter change.
Oct 23rd 2009 2:09PM AKSubaru:
1) They didn't kill Anub in 2:28, I merely linked the third phase.
2) It was a heroic kill, so they did not significantly outgear the encounter. Nor is it an "easy" way to kill him; the first time a guild meets Anub on normal, it is easiest to rely on your dps to compensate for overhealing. This does not mean, however, that you shouldn't or can't expect more from your healers, mainly tight coordination on healing pen cold.
3) You don't need HST ticking for 600 to be able to keep the group up. 400 is sufficient, which is easily accomplished with a glyph.
I don't feel that showing a different method -- in this case, relying on some awesome healer coordination to heal everyone's pen cold before the first tick, which allows you to keep your raid at a minimum of health -- is detrimental to people approaching Anub on Normal. In fact, it's that kind of coordination that will allow your raiders to succeed on Heroic content. This method actually alleviates pressure on DPS because you're healing Anub for an absolute minimum.
That kind of coordination and planning is exactly what allows guilds to beat content BEFORE they outgear it. If you're killing Anub while keeping the raid at half health, you already outgear the encounter because you're relying on your dps to brute force your way through a lack of coordination from your healers.
Oct 23rd 2009 12:34PM AKSubaru:
Here's a WoL parse of Wraith's p3 for Anub: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/K7cGl2UdMRApzJtb/sum/healingDone/?s=7884&e=8033
There is incidental raid healing from talents/glyphs -- ancestral awakening from the shaman, glyph of holy light from the paladins -- but there is no CoH, no Wild Growth, no Chain Heal. Wrate's Rejuvs are only on pen cold victims and tanks, not being spammed across the raid. You can parse the logs for anyone and see the same - for example, Helix. The only healing he's getting from 22:19:02 to 22:20:39 is from HST, JoL, and holy light glyph. At 22:20:39 he gets penetrating cold and is healed through it by Kunst, until it fades at 22:20:57 where he returns to only getting HST/JoL heals.
Or, check out their video and look at the grid -- scary stuff! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I657yBBj46c
Oct 23rd 2009 11:54AM Leeching swarm is based off current health, not maximum health. For normal mode your dps should be able to handle killing him with the raid sitting at half health, which also mitigates the problem of having to heal pen cold victims before the first tick. You're right that the ability alone will not kill anyone provided there is some raid healing -- healing stream totem, vamp embrace, JoL, LotP. The trick in heroic is keeping the raid at 1k health while having your healers get heals off on pen cold victims before the first tick of the dot.