Jul 16th 2011 12:23PM Voice acting. I love boss voices. I wish there would be a way to turn of other sounds( i.e spell sounds and stuff) and just be able to hear voice acting during raids/instances.
May 27th 2010 3:12PM What ever happened to the mobile site for phones like the iPhone? ex. i.wow.com. I can't pull it up anymore, and when I do, it goes to the normal wow.com site, which has a tendency to crash after 3-4 minutes.
Jan 2nd 2010 11:42PM Interesting. Almost 1,500 comments already :)
Aug 21st 2009 9:28AM Okay... Noob question... I ordered BlizzCon on directTv. How are they going to distribute the codes for the grunty pets?
Jul 31st 2009 10:55AM My guild plays The Climb by Miley Cyrus when we need that extra oomph to kill a boss.
May 4th 2009 2:01PM Yep. I was in queue for WSG and when it popped I wasnt able to get in. Then I got spammed I wasn't in a guild for about 15 minutes. Then Ironforge crashed. Fun stuff. I think i did it.
Apr 23rd 2009 5:31PM Have a question about mana during boss fights. As a raider in TBC, I always heard raid leaders/healers say using a mana pot when you got to where one hit from a mana pot would put you back up to full is the best time to use one, that way at the 2 min cooldown, you could use one again if needed, and have it for the time boss fights tend to get interesting. Due to the potion changes now in Wrath, when now is the best time to use one? Use it (considering a 20k mana pool for easy thinking sake) at 16-17k mana, to bring you to full? Or use it when you actually begin to run low on mana, ensuring you have that extra little bit you need? This is from a healing perspective.
Dec 4th 2008 11:29AM Glad to hear both sides, from the "omg this game was so hard plz nerf it" to the people who spend every moment at their computer trying to down a boss as a first kill or make it something meaningful to them.
I think what has happened to the game is in a way good and in a way bad. The creation of the 10 man versions of 25 man dungeons was meant to do one thing, and that was to let those who couldn't clear a 25man or did not have enough people. That way, even if you couldn't do a 25man, you could still see the content like everyone else. While that is a good thing, making the game easier as a whole has become bad.
I've been both a casual and a hardcore raider for the past three years playing this game. Hardcore in Classic, a mix of both in BC. I had to spend lots of time farming pots, stones/poisons/oils, food to help my guild progress, and when we downed something, I felt a sense of accomplishment in the game. With the removal of weapon buffs besides poisons, the simplification of group setups in raids, I feel the same way as the articles writer. It seems like 25 people could just faceroll over a keyboard and do something. I had assumed that the 25man versions of the dungeons would be a little more challenging than they are.
On the same hand, 10mans should have been the answer to pretty much everyone who has complained against what Adam has said. This game is played by around 90% casual players, so YES the game should be tuned more towards that player base. But at the same time, don't take away everything from the other 10%. Different people play this game different ways. Some find enjoyment by PvPing, Arena-ing, questing, role playing, leveling alts, and some find interest raiding. And within each of those categories, there are different types. Arena players who aim for the highest rating possible, and others (like myself) who just play their ten games a week, being lucky enough to get near a 1600-1700 rating, because it doesnt float my boat.
You have casual and hardcore raiders. It's always going to be that way, and they both should respect each other. I'm sure that a top server guild would be upset if some random guild got lucky by facerolling and downed the last boss in a raid before they did, because they spent time preparing and farming up everything they could to make their attempts count and maximize everything.
I saw through Black Temple in BC, right before the nerf. It took me almost all of BC to get there. And I respected those who downed illidan within the first month or so of it being out. And every time a new guild downed Illidan, they deserved respect. I am upset I didnt get to see into Sunwell, but you know what? Oh well. Maybe one day I can go back and check it out. But that won't happen to the raids in Wrath. EVERYONE gets a chance to see the content with the 10man versions. They were designed for the more casual player, and should be easier, but please, keep the 25mans a little more difficult for those who want it to be. Don't let WoW become TOO oversimplified. In my honest opinion, oversimplification will be the downfall of this game.