Jan 3rd 2012 3:08PM And how many times have you wiped because you died? And how many times because some adds went directly at the healer that already had low health and wiped? And how many times that happened to a DPS and caused even less overall DPS for the raid?
It matters in DW and Ultraxion, of course it does. Never said it didn't. But I still prefer the utility over flatout DPS.
Wipes with the boss at less than 1% health represent what? 5% of total wipes? I'm willing to bet less. I prefer to try to prevent the other 95% from happening.
Dec 30th 2011 9:37PM A tank's job isn't to do as much DPS as possible. I can agree that the rotations proposed are the best for DPS and threat, but considering the way threat is these days, we don't need to optimize it as much as possible, not even close. Instead, utility is prefered.
I like my consecration, nothing beats being able to just pop it near the location some adds will appear, move some where else and have them come straight in my direction. Will this make me top DPS? No. Will it bring a grin to my face? It sure will.
Considering the stun... I don't think I really need to explain why and when Holy Wrath gains priority over almost anything else.
Theck's work is fantastic and most of the times I can't even quite understand his math, but not all is about solid numbers.
Oct 27th 2010 6:30AM Small note, I got a DK with blood and frost dual specs at level 73, leveling as blood totally beats leveling as Frost. might be just the worm, but I got a whole lot less downtime. Haven't tried it with unholy.
Apr 13th 2010 6:00AM I got some doubts paladin AOE tanking will be nerfed that much, that is the small thing that makes us different and I belive it will still be our main mark in the game.
Will it be harder? Maybe, but heck, is it really that hard to alt+tab more frequently and smash some SoR in to the face of a mob? I remember Shield Slam getting some fun crits, learn to love it. :)
Blizz went to a decent amount of tweaking to make paladins a valid option to tanking, I doubt they'll want to destroy that.
Apr 12th 2010 11:56AM Heh, healing consecration would really rock :P
Shame about being a bit stationary (sp) though, but would be pretty unique.
Apr 5th 2010 2:28PM hmm... time do dust off my BT geared level 70 tank warrior! :D
Feb 10th 2010 5:32AM I sure hope this won't become available for everyone. One thing are race mounts, other completetly different are class mounts :|
There is a lore behind the creation/birth of that mount and it should bloody well remain untouched.
Jan 25th 2010 1:30PM I missed your point. During TBC I used to do that with a warrior, specially during BT when I started gearing for some threat instead of just stam/avoidance. Devastate, a few shield slam crits and I was home free to read my mail ;P
((I'm exagerating, of course. But I hope people get the idea.))
I'm not sure if that is possible with a pally though, still leveling.
Jan 25th 2010 1:22PM I doubt removing the 5% penalty from def stance would cause a major problem for PvE, I could see it as being bitchy for PvP.
Jan 25th 2010 1:16PM I'm playing a prot/ret pally these days and from my experience with a protection warrior, I have to admit the pally is a lot easier. I'm not just talking about AoE stuff, but also single target. I still think warriors kick ass with single target (and are better than paladins), but it is a spam fest. You get injuries in your hand from spamming all the abilities (heard it got better, but haven't tried it out yet).
With a paladin, that just doens't happen. You just wait for things to come out of cooldown and you hit the spell as soon as they are available, a lot less stress and you can pay more attention to what is going on in the rest of the raid.
Do I do more threat than a warrior against a boss? Probably not, do I do enough for a large portion of the content? I bet so. Do I get headaches after each raid? No.
With that a little out of the way, I think the way will be to nerf paladins and it makes some sense. The kind of game we are playing, in which DPS just nukes anything in its way, is getting a bit out of proportion and it just isn't a whole lot of fun since it requires little skill. Besides, I do believe Blizzard already said there would be some CC back in Cataclysm.