Feb 19th 2010 8:28AM The turtle mount!
I was the first one in my guild to get maxxed fishing and of the ppl who wanted the mount, I was the last to get it. >.<
Nov 21st 2009 2:45PM This is just a non-issue and with my guild would get a HUGE laugh. I'd suggest logging into vent and saying, "Hey. What's up. Got a mic now."
WAIT for the silence and then say, "Yeah, I was kind of expecting some silence." Laugh and follow that with, "Yep...I'm a dude. Thank God I didn't cyber anyone or this would be awkward."
Nov 10th 2009 7:41PM Occ (I know one "C" but an abbrevation is an abbrevation), never bothered me due to the difficulty. It was getting PUGs to understand the coordination efforts. As a healer, I hated healing with the drake, so I'd stand on the platform and heal the drakes with my skills. Typically people would fight with me about that tactic and spend so much time complaining that they'd miss the timing of the time stops. If I had enough guildmates or friends on the team who knew the tactic, we'd get through it and, of course, the PUGs would realize it worked and would be shocked. As DPS I'll PUG it, but as heals I refuse to PUG it.
Additionally it aggrivates me to spend 80 levels of time and effort to learn spell roations and build gear just to be forced out of my role for specific fights. I don't mind vehicles, but let me use MY skills while riding on them. Is that too hard?
Jun 30th 2009 11:17PM Oh and to add...
The amount of flirting that goes on when I buy some game fuel is pure win. ~_^
Jun 30th 2009 11:12PM I thought it was cute and funny although I do wish they'd used a female orc.
Jun 25th 2009 5:14PM There will still be BOP items that will only drop from bosses inside raids. So everyone who is upset that their special snowflake status will be diminished by the emblem change needs to chill out.
May 3rd 2009 10:12PM I recently duel-specced Holy/Shadow (priest) and that's how many I hit to make a kill in shadow in my healing gear (don't have a dps set yet).
Shh...don't tell anyone.
May 3rd 2009 3:09AM Why not tweet on your phone and game on your machine?
Apr 30th 2009 5:45PM In addition to the standard GM duties, I’d:
1) One a week, I’d spawn a world dragon in a low level area. The mob would be “nerfed” to various levels and only characters of that level (1-19 ; 20-29; 71-80; etc) would be able to hit it. The mob would drop either an item from a raid boss or an especially crafted item. Anyone who did damage or healed someone who did damage during the fight would be eligible for the loot. I’d act as master looter so that no one could ninja. There would be a lock out zone put in around the mob also. That way no one could show up for the last hit point and get the loot. I wouldn’t announce it until 30 min before the creature spawned; thus, encouraging players to already be logged in in order to be able to participate in the spontaneous events. I’d vary the times and days so that people who play during different shifts would have their chance. This type of event would encourage more account activity beyond the people who log in just for their raid times and would give players who aren’t in raid guilds the chance at a high quality (for their level bracket) item.
2) I’d encourage Blizz to do weekly town invasions of the scourge. Imagine people rushing to Org or Stormwind to defend the city from NPC’s! (Similar to the invasions of SW harbor before WotLk came out.) There would be mobs of various levels who would be immune to damage done by anyone who was eight levels above them. The event would lead up to some type of mini boss. The GM (or GMs) would act like the master looter.
3) I’d show up in battlegrounds.
4) I’d offer people the chance to duel me for an Emblem of Conquest.
5) I’d set up a gallows where once a week an effigy of a gold seller or account trader would get hung.
Oh man, I could brainstorm these ideas all day!
Apr 8th 2009 1:37PM I must have gotten lucky with my server. Generally speaking the people are fairly nice. When someone asks in trade about the daily, there are typically several answers. Yes, there are blatantly rude people on the server (aren’t there always?), but all in all I’m quite happy with my server.
Sometimes the few rude players will get to me and I’ll sit in trade chat just to answer questions. Kind of a peaceful protest for nice. LOL I’ll heal for instances that do me no good just because I’ve seen that team “lf1m need heals” too many times. I’ll hop on my tank just to help teams too.
My guild is the same way. We’ll help the lowbies (which are typically alts of the 80’s) with quests or gathering mats. We’ll run normals or heroics when someone needs them by pulling who we can from the guild or friends’ lists. And we have a great time on vent. I adore my guild and my guildmates. We’re a casual social guild and they make the game a thousand times more enjoyable. ^_^
Guild: My Guild Sux