Nov 24th 2011 6:15PM I remember:
- The guy who tried to rip me off by charging me for the Vanilla CE without sending it to me. Thanks to consumer protection, that didn't work out well for him, and I found another CE from a nice vendor who dropped it at the courier office after he closed for the day, just so I would have it the next day.
- "Alliance-side: My human paladin graduated out of Northshire and started down the road to Goldshire, and that little road just seemed sooooo long. And then I came around the big curve in the road and Goldshire came into sight, all lit up with Winter Veil lights (I'd had no idea there was a holiday going on)."
This. That long path down, and the houses glimpsed through the trees. It was awesome. When I finished Elwynn and thought "well, that place is big", I then got the quest to head into Westfall. I remember crossing that bridge and looking out over the sun-scorched, barren plans and thinking "wow... this is... huge!"
- Falling in love with http://www.wowhead.com/item=1975 and getting a loan of 10 gold to buy it. I didn't know anything about the spirit, or the uselessness of the stats. I just wanted it - it was BLUE! (and apparently the spirit is now str. used to be like 13spr or something.)
- Having an orc player shadow me as I crossed through the barrens on my way to Teldrassil (I didn't know there was a boat direct to there). It freaked me out, even though I was on a PVE server.
- Being crushed that my beta paladin would be deleted before the proper game came out. :/
- Seeing guild mates in "Eastern Plaguelands" and being really freaked out by the name.
- Getting a http://www.wowhead.com/item=7730 (back when it was a higher level) and thinking that nothing could stop my little paladin. Until I wanted to raid and I was told to heal. I hate healing.
Nov 12th 2011 4:43AM Yup, he comes across as an arrogant gym-flipping "brah"... or at least, I suspect that's the view he wants people to have... instead of the view we get from the first photo: that of a chubby faced nerd gamer sitting in a smelly snuggy.
Jun 2nd 2010 8:21AM The children of Goldshire.
God they creep me out.
Nov 23rd 2009 9:29AM A kitten would be nice. Then he could follow me around whilst I kill many things.
I'd call him Barry.
Jul 6th 2009 11:31PM "I'm not sure I agree with that last one -- many twinks seem to beef their characters up just for the chance to lay waste to "normal" players, but Chilton says Blizzard believes otherwise."
Geez Schramm, you always seem to rain on the fringe elements of WoW - twinks and multiboxing, to name two lately, and generalise heavily about them. Fine, if you don't like something, you just don't, other people do enjoy them and Blizz allows both to happen, so complaining will change nothing.
There are ways to deal with both and for the most part they're fine. There ARE exceptions, where people will run a twink straight at the weakest player in a BG, but generally, they're tangling it with the other twinks. As for multiboxers, they have added strengths but they also have added weaknesses.
Anyway, I didn't roll a twink to cause levelling players to QQ about twinks, I made one for the same reasons that you sharpen a knife. The same reasons L80's take up blacksmithing AND jewelcrafting and so on - because I want my character to be the absolute best it can be within the constraits I stipulate - not to make people QQ (although I will admit that twink QQ'ers tears probably taste delicious)
We all pay the same amount to play (except the multiboxers) so everyone is entitled to play the game the way they want, but no matter what, there will be negatives: a twink mashes you, a multiboxer wipes your team out, someone outbids you on the AH, someone rolls higher than you on the loot you've been waiting for, a griefer camps your corpse whilst you're simply levelling, your guild passes over you for the Ulduar run. If you want a completely level and fair playing field, mayber checkers is a better fit.
Jun 27th 2009 3:09AM I've been watching the feed for a week or so now ever since my gf told me about it, and here's what I've drawn from it:
- He developed (with other people) the software, pwnboxer, obviously.
- The stream is clearly to showcase it and multiboxing in general.
- There is a whole "he said, she said" background story going on between him and Dual-boxing, and he alluded to some bad blood between him and the makers of (if I recall correctly) Keycloner. He's never gone into detail, although some posters in these comments have.
He certainly doesn't thrust Pwnboxer down your throat, and he certainly doesn't sit and bash any opposition. He states how happy he is with his product, he demonstrates what it can do as he plays and resolves issues, but mostly he spends his time leveling his characters and discussing multiboxing's pitfalls and idiosyncrasies.
As for the bad blood/fight, I don't know who's the truth. I don't care. I enjoy the stream, I watch the stream, and if I had the time to multibox, I may buy his software.
May 21st 2009 11:35PM "As a warlock
- My dots do nothing, can be removed, and take waaay no long o do any damage
- I am wearing cloth
- Sure I can fear but soon as I cast you pop out of it"
You also have a pet which causes pain (although we can Turn Evil on that, for a small amount of time), we can't instantly shrug off your dots and we can only pop out of your fear once for at least 2 mins (if we're human). Cloth is part of the class, you can't blame it for being killed by something that hits hard with melee.
"As a DK
- Spell lock down
- Heal through damage
- Armor+Shield = win"
Spell lock down? Pallies can't chain-silence you, we can heal through damage but we actually have to deal damage to you to win the fight and armor +shield doesn't mean autowin. It means mitigation and only a 1h'er to do white dmg with, and also it means the pally is prot, not ret, which is the focus of this whole debate (no ret pally would be without a 2h'er). You should be absolutely mauling paladins with a DK, especially with a zombie up.
"As a Priest
- Removed dots
- Lock me down with stuns
- Fear is a joke"
Stun locks? Are you sure you haven't confused this with a rogue article? We only have two stuns, one with a minute CD and the other can go as fast as 20s CD but that means he's heavily into prot, not ret. Again, 'fear is a joke' is a joke. Hand of Freedom does not break us out of fears, if that's waht you're thinking. Humans have their racial, everyone has a trinket, and they share a CD.
Go practice some duels against a friendly paladin who'll explain what his class does. I'm an average ret paladin in PVP (I do okay) and I get mangled by DK's and challenged by locks and priests all the time. If you're struggling against them, it's you, not your class.