May 16th 2009 3:15AM I'm sorry, but you're all idiots.
1. Warden does not scan outside WoW.exe, it does not look at any windows, processes, etc outside the game's address space.
2. Yes warden used to scan outside of the game's address space, but it NEVER sent back any identifiable information. EVER. EVER EVER EVER. Contrary to what Hoglund would have you believe, there was zero privacy violations occuring even when Warden was scanning windows. But alas, he misrepresented the facts, the WoW sites all jumped on it based on the misinformation, everyone assumed the sky was falling and blizzard was looking at their furry pr0n, and shortly after that the functionality got pulled (for no good reason except that an idiot -- read: Hoglund -- seemed to decide page views were more important than the truth).
1. Warden scans your harddrive!
2. Warden reads your IM conversations!
3. Warden reads your browser history!
4. Warden scans/reads your !
Thanks to Cypher, Lax, Kynox, Merc, Greyman, Bobbysing, Boogieman and Harko for that information.
That's the truth, like it or not.