Jun 2nd 2009 1:59PM Great work, I love it. They all look great but the upper left and lower right are my two favorite.
The only little problem I see is the back of the mouth which is a bit weird... looks like they are smiling strangely, could be smoothed out. No big deal.
But here is my question: Knowing the Tauren fur color will be selectable and will give the cat/bear combo their colors, how is it possible that Bear have a yellow/black/brown/blue/white selection while cats have a dark brown/yellow/blackish/light brown/whitish selection.
So what bear color correspond to the cat colors. I can see:
- Yellow bear and yellow cat combo
- White bear and whitish cat combo
- Black bear and blackish cat combo
but then... where is the equivalent of the blue bear in cat form? And where is the bear equivalent of the light brown (lower left) cat?
I still love them, great work Blizz.
May 26th 2009 4:25PM Additional comments:
- To bring more customization options it would make sense to preserve horn's color from tauren form to new bear/cat forms. I would love to keep my black fur/white horns combo in humanoid, bear and cat forms.
- I also have to agree about the restriction applied to skin colors across the humanoid/bear and cat. Pushing people to change humanoid color just to get the desired cat color is silly. Just add a 4th and 5th options for druids at barbershop and let us decide about cat and bear colors.
- How about five new colored leaves for tree form while waiting for more substantial textural change? Easy to do.
I can't wait for cat form preview. Blizz, you don't have to wait, we can take it, give it to us, come on, don't be shy, we know you want to show them... kitty kitty kitty...
May 26th 2009 3:02PM Those new textures look great and even if the bear form wont change significantly, its still a great improvement to the model we have been using for so long. The pixel amount is definitively higher, more claws, necklace and earring, nose, teeth, eyes.... plenty of new stuff. The closing jaw will also make the bear look more alive.
But lets be honest, bear needed an update but the real test is the cat form. I am a bit scared if the designers treated bear and cat form modification the same way. Small cat form improvements (re-textured) won't do. Cat (especially Tauren) needs major modifications to satisfy the druid community and that is where Blizzard's commitement to making druids happy lies. Next in the pipeline should be the tree form followed by moonkin hopefully. Also seeing the response and excitement today I would hope that blizz would but the extra effort to get the 4 forms redesigned for 3.2. Go for it blizz, you can do it, you know you can.
Thanks for this preview, good work.