Dec 7th 2010 9:30PM This portal is awesome!
Dec 17th 2009 7:38AM /agree
I wish they fix that in the next patch, now it's getting harder to find a group for farming BC reps.
If the problem is that they don't want us to spoil the progress of people on lower levels, they could just make a different branch that only requires 3 people for normal and 4 for heroic.
And they could also add a Looking For People feature to do elite missions.
Sep 3rd 2009 11:22AM good idea with the totem weapon!
add a totem mount and a summoning totem, and u got me really happy :)
Jul 2nd 2009 11:25AM I think that ban is more focused on DIY currency like QQ Coins than WoW Gold.
Jun 29th 2009 8:12PM Yes, I'm absolutely sure that is what they are trying to say, any player who spents a day playing on a Spanish server knows the meaning. It's a pretty common insult and I think it's a big mistake by Blizzard to allow it.
Jun 25th 2009 3:23AM I play Horde in a Spanish server and since I can remember allies are always shouting MANCO (armless, one-handed) again and again in every PvP encounter or just when passing by near our headquarters in Dalaran.
As we have one armless player in our guild, I find that insult disturbing and totally out of place. I can take hunreds of screenshots and complaint about it to GM's, but nobody is banned and the same idiots keep shouting that again and again over Dalaran and every PvP encounter.
GM's could report this problem to coders and fix it on any patch, or ban some players so at least they know it's not allowed, but they don't care and it keeps going.
It's so disgusting that I don't play PvP anymore, because fighting a bunch of idiots who make fun of disabled people is not my idea of fun. If anytime Blizzard releases a server without any kind of PvP involved (and I'm pretty sure they won't), I'll move all my characters even if that means playing alone.
Jun 23rd 2009 4:04AM I don't know how it is for someone who has been playing for 5 years, but I started to play just before the last expansion and I'm really tired of so many changes (and not only for DK).
I agree with Robert M. that it looks like a flaw in the fundaments of the class design, and with Darasen that the adjustments just make sense for top raiders (and for top Arena players).
In my realm (a low population RP one) there is just some big guilds who can run Ulduar with no gear problems, for the rest of us (medium size guilds) it's being an issue because we are still unable to run Naxx 25 for lack of people.
With Naxx 10 gear (and some Naxx25/Ulduar), just full tier 7 and no tier 8 yet, a DK can do good dps and tanking, on the same level as other classes. I don't see my numbers going too high compared to hunters or priests on dps, or my tanking being so great. My chances to survive a Faerlina's enrage are less than the other tanks in my group (Paladin and Warrior).
If the problem is that with top Ulduar 25 gear my numbers will rock, I think the problem is on the gear design, not just the skills. And the same for Arenas or PvP, if the top rating gear is unbalanced, adjust the gear and not the whole class.
I understand that changes (including nerfs) are needed for balance, but for me it's tiring to be back to square one on every patch. I usually spent a week and a lot of gold in respecs until I get used to the new changes, then a minor patch comes up and fixes some nerf (or buff) that is not working as expected, and so on...
As someone states before, when the patch is out I'll sit my DK on the bench and going back to my warrior until designers throw the next 3 or 4 series of nerfs/buffs.
May 23rd 2009 5:52AM I'am a ENG/JC (the worst and the best for PvE right now) and these are my thoughts about this "incoming" nerf:
- if there is more people getting JC as a profession right now may be just because there is more people leveling alts and it's a better choice (like inscription or enchanting) for helping your other toons and guildmates (and saving you some money at the AH). it's just like the high number of new DK's.
- JC dailies are funny, I loved the token system for cooking and I miss it in my other professions, specially in ENG. it makes people stick to a profession, because you're not going to reroll after all these token days. I prefer this system over the world-drop-recipes or the inscription books, just because it's not random. for me, this is the way to go with all professions.
- guilds that enforce to reroll your profession for min/max will do it anyway, to the new flavour of the patch. as they always do, because when you're so far in raiding you can spent the time/money needed for rerolling.
- prismatic gems are a good idea (help with the meta socket colour problem and the bonus much better than the orange/green/purple ones), but I may agree they are too powerful. they still can make the Dragon Eye's not-prismatic, but give us a less powerful prismatic gem for basic stats (and make it expensive). anyway, with the incoming epic gems a new world is going to open, so there is yet to be seen how this is going to end.
- for last, Engineering needs some changes, like making the chooper (and new mounts) daily-token based instead of just a goofy gold-farming one time event. I want to see a Goblin JetPack, a Extreme Jumping Robovehicles (like the one in the Icecrown daily), a Personal Turbo Zeppelin or a Rocket Mount. came on, make selling mounts the way to go for us with a daily token system, or give us a Martin Fury's Button trinket (with a 1% chance of killing the big boss when it's below 25% of his live, and a 99% of wiping the whole raid).
I'm the only one who loves the daily token system of JC?