Sep 7th 2010 10:54AM "What is it white boy day?"
Apr 13th 2010 11:13AM So I am guessing that those bonus checks finally went out last Friday. That would explain the Respawn launch and the departures.
Jan 13th 2010 5:48PM extol US, extoll [ɪkˈstəʊl]
vb -tols, -tolling, -tolled US, -tolls, -tolling, -tolled
(tr) to praise lavishly; exalt
[from Latin extollere to elevate, from tollere to raise]
Pretty sure the author of the post meant extol. But exalt does work.
Jan 13th 2010 5:31PM Subtlety is not a viable raid spec at lvl 80. It was fun to lvl with though and is still my favorite to play. There is just nothing it brings to end game sadly.
Jan 13th 2010 5:29PM Perhaps better said then is that if you looked at overall dps for a raid, trash pulls, gimmick fights, etc, we don't see those spikes. Mut Rogues do average dps on multiple targets as we have such a huge ramp up to get to our ideal rotation state.
I know we tend to see things in the context of recount as it is reset for a boss fight but if you had a equally spec'd/skilled mage and took overall raid dps and damage done they would likely beat the rogue
Jan 13th 2010 5:19PM As a Mutilate Rogue I was pretty bummed about this nerf. Reading all the Blizzard reasoning about it and how HfB was a "dial" they could use frustrated me too. Thinking more about it though I fear now that the real reason we were buffed wasn't because we do high dps as really we have to be standing still to do that kind of damage. Rather my fear is they nerfed us cause the fight mechanics for the rest of ICC are likely all or mostly going to be stand still burn downs like we have seen so far. My theory being that the A-team game designers are long ago moved over to Cataclysm and their new unnamed MMO. So as this era winds down we get journeymen game designers and this is how they compensate for it.
I guess it will prove out in the next few months if I am right. Still nice to be on top despite the nerf.
Jan 8th 2010 1:58PM I thought about this too after I wrote it. You are right. Maybe taking Opportunity from the Subtlety tree then. Or make HfB 5% damage boost 5% haste boost
Jan 8th 2010 12:36PM two ideas for making HfB cool again.
When HfB is active remaining combo points transfer to next target.
When Hfb is active Evasion and Kick cooldowns are cut by 1/2
Jan 8th 2010 12:29PM So I am a decently geared Mutilate Rogue and last time I did ICC 25 I was doing basically 7k dps (burning down trap skeletons at least).
With the understanding that HfB was already buffed from 15% to 10% and I have the 3% glyph of hunger for blood that was essentially a +13% damage bonus
So 7k dps but the base dps (without any hunger for blood, theoretically) is 6090 dps.
Now with this second nerf my HfB is 8% and my theoretical dps will be 6566 dps.
What I am now wondering is if dropping HfB taking Vigor and dropping the HfB glyph and taking the Glyph of Vigor are now suddenly relevant for more Mutilate and Envenom uptime...
Jan 6th 2010 6:20PM I would say to that if you are going for Glory of the Hero make sure you call out/link achievements you want a group to go for. Lots of times if its not a hassle people love to help and it's a good way to solidify a group. Plus when its all done you get an awesome Red Drake!
1. Always roll need on stuff you know is an upgrade for you. I have seen people in greens d/e roll and then say "I am saving up for something" ugh!
2. Don't need on frozen orbs unless you ask too before they are looted.
3. Preface at the start of an instance if you don't know the mechanics. You don't want to get locked and dropped cause you run and hug Arthas at the end of HoR
4. Observe who you are playing with. If you are the 5th and 4 others in the group are from the same guild (or same server even) you may not want to try and rag on someone else's playstyle or dps.
5. If you did something wrong acknowledge it. Not saying you have to grovel but let the group know you are learning.
6. If a group of overgeard pug's are griefing you the whole time, quit! Screw it, life is too short. Try to find other new 80's on your server to random with. Teleporting in/out of the instance and badge bonus' are a dream do do a daily while the debuff is on.