Jul 28th 2009 10:33AM I just want offline co-op /shrug, I'm not enjoying Sacred 2 like I hoped, it's confusing and hard to see 2player local. If I can play this with the wife on the xbox 360, it's bought...!
Jan 7th 2009 2:24AM Thought I'd add one more thing after reading the above.. it's not just power or 'get to figuring out the optimal at 80' ladies and gents, its about having fun at a game too.
I never dug heavily into raids, and when I did I was afflict, never going 'all-in' on one-click destruction. There were enough of those anyways =b
I will say one plus - afflict looks to be competitive, maybe even and then some, and that's what will bring me back when I toy around. But I'm still very disappointed with the failures of Demonology, and some of the 'fire mage' efforts in Destro continue to feel a bit.. odd.
If they finally catch up with Demonology, and some (?) changes are supposed to be coming 3.1+, maybe it'll get more interesting again there.
But I was one choking on the choice of Metamorphisis... so many other cool things to do with minions... oh well =b
Jan 7th 2009 2:17AM I'm another who moved on from Warlock - I saw the writing on the wall with Alpha/Beta WotLK chat and I got a Pally going, so much so I was 70 when WotLK hit. Prot Pally is a lot of fun...
So much love was poured into a lot of classes, and Warlock WAS NOT one of them. As a bit of a Demonology fan in the end, can someone tell me how Hunter Pets got amazing love, and we didn't get anything new there, just an odd shake-up? And Core Hounds look more demonic than anything we have?
Otherwise I was more Afflict, I just could never get into Destro and one-click. If I wanted to nuke I'd be a mage, and if I wanted boredom I would have gone Hunter. Problem there is Afflict is still really for the long slow burn, I'm not sure why we couldn't have some shorter but higher-damage DoTs in the mix?
Anyways I visit my first 70 now and then but my 75 Pally and now 60 Warrior [like Prot there too heh] get more play... my 'lock is still 70. At least Blizzard finally gave me a reason to go fetch the Infernal and Doomguard tho eh? Lol =b
Dec 18th 2008 12:47PM Just a shame you need to be 80, right? =b
Dec 12th 2008 3:14PM I can't believe they bothered to do this but didn't do race change.
* Should be same faction for obvious reasons [guild, quests, etc]
* But what if you're sick of 'gear doesn't show well on a gnome' or 'Tauren model too big/camera too odd'? Let alone how Blizzard obviously doesn't consider racials off limits?
I know my Warrior would deal with being a big blueberry at least for the level grind =b lol
* Although different class is interesting (e.g. I would have gone Warlock -> Hunter) that seems a bit extreme. Rather, unlocking class levels would be nice - I have a 73 Horde PvP Pally, how about let me create a 55/60/70 Pally on my Ally PvE?
* This would even solve some of the above... where I could remake a different race of the class I unlocked - just not quite as nicely losing all the other extraenous bits (faction, tradeskills, etc)
Nov 26th 2008 11:32AM Yeah this was very annoying when my Paladin hit this - worked hard to get 300 and then bam, lost about 500 hitpoints! =b
Kinda regret getting the skill up now!
Nov 4th 2008 4:37PM hmm I have a 70 lock who never bothered with Ritual of Doom nor Inferno... guess I should go get 'em! lol
Nov 4th 2008 4:05PM
* Judgement of Wisdom nerf
Come on, really? If BoSanc isn't doing its job in a situation I'm *relying* on SoW/JoW to help me. Maybe it's too much for Ret with its special mana return for itself and raid-wide, but this crushes the Prot Pally IMO. Against even mild mana-drain target(s) this nerf will make it go from dicey to undoable.
* Lazy Pally comment
I'm not sure what's up with my server, but the costs for the Pally mount components (I'm BE on Aegwynn) were astronomical, even with this impending change already announced. My Guild is a bit casual and tough to gather at times to boot, so am I lazy for getting the AV Wolf and gathering/paying the $ for the journeymen riding skill @510g while still low 60s and no Dailies access? I think not.
I consider myself a self-respecting Pally, but I'll also be happy to just buy the darn thing thank-you-very-much.
Nov 4th 2008 3:46PM I'd so trade in my 'lock for a hunter if I could.
So much more love and attention to the Hunter, I'm more casual (time limited) so I wasnt a 'one-click OP' raider, and I always liked demonology and affliction more.
But frankly with a great elite pet lineup your pets can look more denomic than a 'locks (total jealous on Core Hound) and there is so much done right...
Pity Blizzard can make you feel 'wrong' in your class choice, after you've invested so much friggin time.
Oct 20th 2008 2:12PM This it total win. I'd even go further but this isn't bad at all.
I have a 70 warlock on a PvE realm and I've grown tired of the character. I have a 62 Pally on another PvP realm and a different faction and my Main there.
* I'd even argue you shouldn't need a 70, a 55/60 should be a reasonable enough especially if you're starting lower, but regardless I'd sooo get my Pally to 70 to help my PvE gang and I'd love to have a 70 Warlock to add to my pack on the PvP server.
** Why is the only class boosted the DK?? We're going to have way too many of these, and last time I looked people still need healers the most =b **
* Friends and Family is too limited. Only helps brand new accounts work with brand new characters on the referring account. Even if you're quickly going thru old content once again, there's still another repeat trip you don't need or want, and frankly it's off-putting.
* Even if you don't have the target class some kind of boost would be nice e.g. they made BM Hunters soooo much more interesting than demonology Warlocks I'd love to trade mine in =b Do I have the stomach to level one on either/both of my servers?
As far as some comments 'Blizz doesn't want this, people will blow through stuff' - this is SO wrong. I've frozen my account a couple times now... I'd rather have my Warlock on the PvP server for fun, I'd rather have my Paladin on the PvE server for raid fun with my friends, and transfering isn't an option [even if I was ready to pick-up, pay, and leave] as I'm Alliance on one and Horde on the other.
I think this will be the biggest most important move Blizzard makes... I've put out so many alts that have stalled - I just don't have the time - but meanwhile I'm sure I'd find them that much more engaging up the ranks, and in newer/different content. Even if you don't allow early boosts in all classes, certainly classes already hitting 55/60/70+ should free up other server early starts. Transferring doesn't cut it -
- You don't always want to cut out and leave
- You may be on the other faction side
- I'd even say same server should be OK (pvp obviously same side tho) e.g. different racials, a decision made long ago *and* blizzard tweaking them, give players a jump if they want to change that too