Jun 23rd 2008 3:40PM With I dunno, 3-4 characters exalted on AV and a ~70-75% win ratio there, I'd say your AV advice is just terrible and frankly newbish.
You take Galv/Balinda first because:
1. they are rarely guarded,
2. the GY's they're next to are often guarded, and more importantly,
3. the timing works out that if you rush SHGY or IBGY first, you will head straight into the other side's offense. Fighting ensues, people die back at RH, AS, welcome to turtle.
No one takes RH without taking IBGY. And you miss the entire point of skipping FWGY. If you take FWGY before RH, you force a turtle.
Your WSG strategies are also off. An O force isn't there to kill all D. An O force is there to let the FR pick up the flag and go. 3 O can bypass 10 D with two well-timed fear bombs and one sprint.
The same can be said of D. I've seen one skilled druid run away from 4 O for over 5 minutes. And countless times, a 1-man stealth O can carry the flag all the way home.
He who controls midfield controls WSG. And that doesn't mean sit there and farm. It means stopping their FR and protecting yours. It doesn't matter if you live. All that matters is that they die.
In no BG more than WSG does one person's effort make the difference. One person can carry the entire team...
Feb 5th 2008 5:34PM From lore, it should be a satyr.
It would be a direct upgrade from the imp. A mage type class with stealth and MC abilities.
Dec 14th 2007 3:14PM MOAR ALLIANCE PLZ!!
(we suck at bgs and we need the damn help)
Nov 21st 2007 1:38PM "Hi, I'm Chuck Norris, and I play the gay gnome doing lap dances for gold on the Ironforge mailbox."
Nov 20th 2007 6:41PM FYI, Eleanor is pronounced and spelled as "erenoru" in Japanese.
Lake Eleanor is the lake in Yosemite Nat'l. Forest (CA).
Nov 20th 2007 6:37PM I'd figure William Shatner would be the hemo dagger rogue in +spirit gear...
Nov 20th 2007 6:32PM OP: WTF?
Chestguard of the Warlord
Pauldrons of Stone Resolve
Those are the ZA tank rewards. Only the Tuskguard lacks DEF.
By the time you're upgrading to ZA gear, you have so much DEF, you can't get rid of it with a stick.
Nov 2nd 2007 1:56PM Just some notes from someone who's leveled 1-20 at least two dozen times...
1. If you're in the old world, feel free to hop around and backtrack to the other race's starting areas. Not only is it decent XP, the main reason is doing it for faction. Getting an early Honored in will save you cash. Even better post 2.3, when Revered and Exalted discounts kick in.
2. You should be able to hit level 6 in one hour. You should be able to hit level 10 in three hours. You should be able to hit level 20 in less than 20-24 hours -- and this is with giving ample time into skilling up secondary skillz and getting flight paths. If you can't hit these milestones, you need to seriously economize your time better.
3. Warriors are stupidly gear dependent. Give them good gear, potions, and bandaids, otherwise it will be a PITA to level with many, many deaths. Pretty much every other class can level with their eyes closed. Paladins, Warlocks, and Priests will be able to handle 2-3 even con mobs with ease.
4. Skinning and mining/herbalism are good -- stockpile everything. You'll keep mining/herbalism and drop skinning later on, unless you're planning on leatherworking. AH your harvests. Don't pick up a production tradeskill till 40. First aid is a must. Cooking should be done only by one of your characters. Fishing should be done only by your hunter, if you have a hunter.
5. Sub 20, XP gained from questing can easily account for 50% of your XP. Therefore, if you just grind on mobs, you're effectively cutting your XP/hour rate in half. (Only much, much later (lvl 50+ or so) will it often make more sense just to grind out on certain mobs, primarily for faction, which is a much longer grind than the XP one.)
6. Don't worry about gear. Seriously. Unless you're a war, you can pretty much spank all the content thrown at you wearing nothing but a gray linen loincloth. Your money is better spent on netherweave bags. Wear any greens and quests drops you find. Vendor/AH the rest (or mail to your other alts). If you have money to burn, buy a decent weapon -- and I'm talking about a wand, if you're a priest/mage/lock. That's it. Bank the rest of your cash.
7. Instances are a massive waste of time. They're fun. But they will slow you down, at any level. And sub 20, you don't need the loot drops to survive. Hell, you don't need anything but greens till 70. And from then on, it's just pimp factor.
Oct 19th 2007 6:11PM L2research.
Not just easy to miss places, but better yet, easy to miss quests in easy to miss places:
Oct 10th 2007 3:35PM Paladin?
Obviously those people have never ever seen a protadin at work or played one.
Show me any other class in the game that can tank 20 mobs simultaneously, solo or grouped.