Aug 18th 2011 2:43PM @Eyhk
You say it costs blizzard more but sometimes gold sinks are needed, if players transfer between themselves then its easier for gold farmer to get their chinese hands on
If money is disappearing from the game, there is no one to get the money
and with the news about farmers using money for nukes i say good on you blizz! haha
Aug 12th 2011 9:09AM I dont think there will be a perticular event to signal the end of WoW
I believe that it will be shown as an expansion pack: Blizz realise WoW is going to flop... its had its time, all good things come to an end, so they decide to mooch the revenues and release a final expansion pack - something like WoW: The Finale (sorry im bad at making up names aha)
Basically, the expansion would start of like any normal expansion would, regular questing, level cap increase, new content etc... the new expansion would have 3 content patches, each a step towards the end such as waves of enemies spawning and invading cities etc in which we would have to defend the cities to have a chance on fighting through the next patch, If all your cities are destroyed you lose, the server is shutdown, the second patch would have more armies invading and a new world location within the twisting nether accessed through portals that apear after elite general bosses are downed, which leads you to the front of Sargera's fortress where you complete a couple of dailies to prepare for the final battle , and on the final patch, A day countdown (45 days) would be on EVEYONES SCREEN, The armies of the damn would increase and spread to everywhere in azeroth, Horde and alliance become one faction called Hope (again bad with names), everyone has to fight their way through the swarmed cities to reach the portal
Once inside Sargeras fortress, you will fight as one faction against unmatched enemies, battles that last for days, all leaders, aspects, and npcs working as one
On the Last day (as someone else mentioned) Sargeras appears, Gigantic, all-powerful, and everyone has to fight him (EVERYONE!) and when he reaches 2%, a cinematic shows, where sargeras uses his last bit of energy to control the aspects, and destroys azeroth once and for all...
Aug 12th 2011 4:23AM Dont know about you guys but im hoping for new 5 man, and would be quite a good idea having every .odd number a new 5man and .even numbers a new raid... 4.4 for new raid!
Jun 10th 2011 10:21AM "I tank things with my face" haha very good!
Jun 10th 2011 8:46AM druids! Shapeshifting is just awsome... ever spoted an enemy 85 player while flying and then switching to cat in mid air, landing in prowl ready to pounce to your unsuspecting target?
or dashed into a group of mobs to switch to bear and take them all down!
also many druids will agree... insta flight form and barskin make the druid class!
Jun 9th 2011 10:21AM I would have to say it depends on the expansion,
WOTLK made sence to make big patches, because it was like major steps you take towards the path of killing Arthas,
CATA it also makes sence to make small content patches because the world is slowly transforming
BC at launch came with SSC and TK (I believe) so again, it also made sence to be able to take them two out before you could take on illidan, and again to then triumph against Kil Jaiden
I didnt play vanilla to know what it was like back then, but to me... it makes sence (horrible repeat of the phrase)
but in cata im not happy how i have 350 ilvl gear and am not permited to raid because "dont have achieve"... yes i started the expansion late, does it mean all you elitist need to reject me from playing the game!... nevermind this is going offtopic.
May 10th 2011 5:14AM Ive been playing Since early BC which was about 4 years ago
BC - Hardcore
Wotlk - Semi Hardcore/Hardcore near the end ( I really wanted to kill LK )
Cata - social/casual
Now with the experience i have, I have theories why cataclysm did not do as well as previous expansions:
- No Dungeon "Wings", one of my favorite features of BC and Wotlk were the winged instances. It really made you feel like you where exploring the full area and taking out all the baddies of the instance, each wing with slightly harder difficulty. In cataclysm... you get one, then its done... some people like this but i just feel like im doing it just to finish it. I dont get the sence of actually doing something to help the ultimate goal (killing DW) nor do i want to find out even more about the area
- New Zones so spread apart, this is.... annoying as hell. Yes we get the portals in Orgrimmar fair enough thats good, but with BC and Wotlk you had a whole new continent, with all new zones next to each other; again this made me feel like i was really exploring something new, not just something glued on to what we had before.
- New zone quests.... "$£%"%£%^ CANNOT STAND THEM, they are so linear... I liked in BC and Wotlk you could fly around... find a cool place that you might like to quest in and start digging for lore and quest rewards, I dont like how in cata you need to do 1 and 2 before you can even see zone 3 (too much phasing)
- Dungeon finder. As good as it may be, and useful, I still feel how this tool has really broken the community, I remmber when you wanted to make a dungeon, yes it took time, but you could chat while you found people, do other things. Since DF i seem to just stand around in orgrimmar waiting for my group to be made for me, and then once im in the dungeon I play, dont bother talking to people as often now because i probably wont ever see them again and i didnt get to know them before the dungeon started. DF seems to put you straight in the action, some people like this, but i prefer the game for social playstyle
- Valor Conq caps, now i might get downrated for this, but I pvp a lot and I think the caps are just too low. at least maybe fix it so that you can get honor instead of conquest once you cap arenas. I dont know just my theory.
- Guilds, I think the guild perk and rewards is a horrendus idea, I liked it at first until i got attached to my slowly dying lvl 25 guild just for the perks. We didnt have them before why do we need them now? I dont know about you but I feel prejudice now if i see a below lvl 20 guild, even if theyre the best guild on the server at lvl 5... id still hesistate
Thats my basic understanding of why I personally feel cataclysm failed alot compared to the previous expansions
Apr 16th 2011 2:16PM Make it possible to queue up for BGs nd Random Dungeons at same time
Mar 31st 2011 9:29AM What alot of you have not realised yet is the fact that patch 4.1 is a delay for 4.2 sort of
and alot of people will be doing the new upcoming content
for some of us who came in to the expansion late... we have catching up to do with everyone in full epix etc etc
this is permiting us to catch up with the people who have been playing since launch to set us up for patch 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3, i prefer that they are nerfing dungeons and increasing hp instead of just nerfing down the current content badge points like they did in Wotlk