Skip to Content

WoW Insider has the latest on the Mists of Pandaria!
  • Marathal
  • Member Since Dec 15th, 2009

Are you Marathal? If So, Login Here.

BlogComments
WoW205 Comments

Recent Comments:

Drama Mamas: How to find gaming buddies {WoW}

Jan 30th 2012 10:23AM If I may suggest checking out Meetup.com I found it through another game I use to play. But a search of WoW for your area may surprise you.

The NYC World of Warcraft meetup group has over 588 members, they have a guild on one server, get together for fun stuff in real life, and just have fun.

Obviously they are a large group. THe one for Philadelphia is much smaller but growing.


Breakfast Topic: Does being overgeared matter? {WoW}

Jan 30th 2012 10:11AM We did a run recently. A fairly new to 85 DPS in our guild that barely made the cut with some PvP gear, 2 DPS beyond overgeared for Grim Batol, and our Raid healer. The pug was the tank. I give him/her credit for being up front and saying right from the begining they had not done the dungeon on heroic and to bear with them. We destroyed mobs, expalined fights and gave tips, one of our DPS also has a tank, and we passed on a few nice upgrades for them both.

We did 3 more with them both. Nice to help out a fellow guildie of course, but also nice to help an upcoming tank to learn the fights, get some gear, and have a good experience.

7 wishes for guilds in Mists of Pandaria {WoW}

Jan 23rd 2012 3:51PM The guild blimp would be right up there with guild housing for me.

Requires massive amounts of fabricated materials from all professions. You could even have patterns fro certain parts only available from older content or new raids.




Breakfast Topic: How often do you switch specs? {WoW}

Jan 11th 2012 11:09AM POD PERSON.
Your Not Fox. I bet its Dawn writing your article under your name. Why would you ever have anything but Shadow and Shadow as an off spec.

I think my Shadow Priest just died a little today.

Breakfast Topic: Are heroics really heroic? {WoW}

Dec 29th 2011 12:36PM I will definitely agree with you about BC having a higher skill level required. I can remember walking into the Sunwell as a decently geared 80, not full raid gear, but good enough to get into ICC regular. We went with about 25 level 80s and maybe 10 level 70's. Begining was a face roll through mobs.

Gear never compensates for required mechanics. A level 80 tank mind controlled will decimate a raid as easily as a 70. A few hours later I had to leave, when I got home a few hours after that they were still at it, but had made it to the end. I got in on the final fight. Once everyone followed the strat it was simple to do with the fire power we had. But I will definitely conceed that back at level cap it was probably extremely difficult. But have you been up in that area, well prior to people farming transmog gear, its a ghost town. Possibly from the horror stories that were told to those of us that never saw the Heroic Dungeons and raids prior to any nerfs, maybe because we have so much more to do now than you had back then. I would rather do Archeology than spend 3-4 hours in a heroic dungeon.

Breakfast Topic: Are heroics really heroic? {WoW}

Dec 29th 2011 11:14AM I started during Wrath, I did the grinds for keys. At first it was great having keys and being one of the few people could ask to get into a heroic. Towards the end I dreaded seeing someone leveling an Alt because I knew what was coming. "Can you get us into X heroic?" "Oh while your here would you mind helping run us through?" Not going to miss that part.

Breakfast Topic: Are heroics really heroic? {WoW}

Dec 29th 2011 10:16AM /facepalm

Yes yes yes. BC was hard. We get it, the fights were tougher................ you had to walk up hill both ways through driving snow...............

Keep in mind also
Computers were slower, if you were lucky you had DSL for a connection, did you even have Deadly Boss Mods?, Power Aura's?, any dozen of add on programs we all run without even thinking about it?

Its a fine line they have to walk. Do you design content for the absolute best, less than 1% of the players running on top of the line gaming rigs, with every add on program possible telling them when to move and what to cast the instant they need to or the other 99% that may not be running on a gaming tower and using a 4 year old lap top that has its video card raped when they try to run a 25 man. If you want a challeng turn off all the add on programs and play with the default UI and settings.

If you want to make them back to the ways they were in BC just put a tool tip note next to it saying "Here is content we spent thousands of hours developing, that you will never see. KThnxbye"

Sorry for the rant.