Feb 20th 2010 4:19AM I think I bought yours!
The second I heard that there was going to be a vendor to trade in FOs for other mats, before I even knew what exactly I was going to be able to buy with them, I set up a snatch for them in Auctioneer at 20g. And I don't think I'm going to be changing that.
Feb 14th 2010 9:26PM For inscription and glyphs, use a combination of Auctioneer and Quick Auctions (QA), plus a compatible trade window replacement (like ATSW or Lil' Sparky's version of Skillet).
There's a pretty good guide here:
For me personally, it goes something like this:
- Use Snatch (Auctioneer) to pick up herbs and/or ink below a certain threshold
- Use Enchantrix's (Auctioneer) auto-milling functionality to help in the boring task of milling
- Use Glypher (Auctioneer) to decide what glyphs to make (the resulting list can automatically be exported to Skillet's, for instance, crafting queue)
- Head over to a mail box, open it up, and start working through the queue (Quick Auction's auto mail function will automatically start sending things off to your bank-alt as the glyphs are crafted - 12 different glyphs crafted, then mailed)
- Use QA's mailbox functionality to empty the mailbox
- Use QA to post the glyphs
- Use QA to cancel undercut glyphs if desired
Lots of fun, and easy money as long as there aren't too many other really active mass producers of glyphs on your server.
Jan 8th 2010 12:25PM @Narayana
I heal and I general follow the same ettiquite of not rolling on "off-spec" gear (unless everyone greeds, in which case I need if I need). Nonetheless, I do wonder if the LFD ecosystem would be better off if people like us didn't follow that ettiquite. Specifically, if I want to gear myself as a DPS, I'll then need to queue as one, thus increasing the wait time for DPSes in general. If it's just me, that's probably not a big deal, but if a bunch of other people are following this process, well, it'd probably just be better for everyone if they continued queuing as a tank/heal for gearing their DPS set, thus reducing the waiting time for DPS in general.
I can understand the frustration of a DPS who loses a roll on DPS gear to a tank/healer, but ultimately the tank/healer is doing the DPS a favor in the first place for queuing as such. In the end, "nobody queuing as a tank or healer" = "no groups, and no gear, period".
Also, in regards to the argument of "no one NEEDS 17k gold", well, no, you do. After all, hilts can cost about that much. :)