Jan 5th 2011 3:13PM Thank you for this post. I hope someone from Blizzard sees it!
I've been doing Blackrock Caverns and Deadmines daily for either Corla's or Cookie's wand, and have had no success. I've seen Cookie's Stirring Rod twice, but lost the rolls. I've not even seen Corla's Baton.
To date, ive run Deadmines 13 times and Blackrock Caverns 14 times. So that's 27 chances at a wand drop, 2 actual drops and zero wands for me :(
I have decided to run Arena matches for the pvp wand. A few weeks and Ill have it hopefully.
May 17th 2010 11:18AM It is that easy. Stack haste. I dont care if you are stuck on 10 man normal marrowgar or 25 heroic LK. haste, haste, haste.
May 17th 2010 11:17AM "but you fail pretty hard at reading comprehension"
1. wow.com authors should not down rank comments in their own posts, no matter how trollish and unhelpful.
2. wow.com authors shouldn't stoop to our level with quotes like that above. I could see a 12 year old writing that, but an editor of an AOL.com blog? Grow up matt.
3. wow.com should stop including "totem talk" and "encrypted text" in post headlines. Its distracting and pointless.
4. Post headlines should be short and sweet, not confusing jumbles of thesaurus words. Brevity is the essen....aw, hell with it.
4 tips for Matt et al. to help you create professional posts.
May 10th 2010 3:11PM Cows of course.
I would play a hunter if i could tame a cow.
Runner up would be a Giraffe.
So yea, cow or giraffe.
Apr 27th 2010 4:09PM I call it the "content horizon". What is it?
Its a justification for making content that only 5% of the population will see. its content that 95% will never see but that 100% know about.
The "epic" comes from the unknown as the poster above states. And that which is just beyond the horizon is tantalizing and motivating. So the "content horizon" is stuff like Sunwell that 95% of the population never got to see, but was nevertheless there and made their world seem that much larger.
When a player can get a sense for 100% of the content in a sandbox game right after logging in, it loses some of that epic feel.
In WotLK, there is no content horizon. Its all right there in front of you. LK is there on 30 quests. LK is there in a 10 man raid. Same is true of the rest of the dungeons and bosses.
So despite succeeding in making their content accessible to "everyone", this very fact has made the content less exciting.
As a cheesy metaphor: take diamonds. If Mount Everest were made of diamonds, we wouldnt' covet them, they wouldnt be exciting to buy, or put on engagement rings.
WoW content is like that. Sometime the rarity of the encounter, item is half the fun.
Apr 14th 2010 10:23AM I constantly hear people say "I el oh elled". I just think to myself "laugh is 1syllable, lol is 3, why?") Then I LOL IRL.
Mar 16th 2010 11:30AM When i was little boy in poland, we had ponies.
Feb 12th 2010 11:53AM Ah, yes. A good FRAWST SHAWK followed by a nifty Quad WF procs with The Unstoppable Force.
Feb 12th 2010 11:51AM You two are saying the same thing.
SS_0 and SS_ES are mutually exclusive EnhSim queue items. If you are always prioritizing SS when the debuff drops off, you dont also need to add SS_ES to your queue.
Feb 12th 2010 11:48AM On bosses, sure. But dropping totems anywhere else in a 5 man heroic is just a waste of mana unless the group has replenishment. Id rather the shaman not slow the group down with constant self-watering and just drop totems on bosses :)
A few other notes, just to reiterate others' comments:
- Its a priority list, not a rotation. Do not, for example, let Earch Shock sit there off cooldown because you have to get Lava Lash in there. You'll just hurt your dps.
- That shock macro is a slippery slope. At best you free one single keybind, but on the negative side, you lose individual access to your shock spells. As is often the case in raid encounters, things don't go according to plan and for this reason its good to have single access to all spells and make up your own mind as to which one to use. Just Say No To /castsquence macros for Enh dps! :P
- No mention of Shock and Awe or some such Cooldown monitoring addon/system. Get one! -- You need it. I absolutely guarantee a 30% increase in dps at least by using a CD addon for new Enh shammies. Not only do you need to closely monitor Cooldowns in relation to one another; but you also have to watch out for things like the SS debuff on your target, refreshing lightning shield/totems, and the fire you're probably standing in as a result.