Jun 22nd 2010 2:42AM I'll never get it: So much effort for a virtual currency. And what for? To buy all kinds of virtual items, that are just as well useless?
Sure, the competition can make fun. But with the same or less effort I'm sure you everybody could accomplish astonishing things IRL. And have competition. In things that really matter ...
I know the difference between (even the most passionate) hobby and serious things, do you?
Apr 27th 2010 5:48AM One thing to add: This change means much lesss effort for Blizz to tune future encounter and gear. Not to mention the effort to lower server lag.
Less effort = more earnings for the beloved shareholders. And if I have to make an educated guess regarding the reason for this change, well ....
So what, more time to build retarded mounts to sell them to bored players :)
Apr 27th 2010 5:39AM From a thread in the Ensidia Forums. Nothing more to say ...
ust some short points:
1. 10man wont be made harder, 25mans will be made easier
2. all lootwhores will go to 10man which will leave 25man guilds in trouble, a lot of raids i know had problems getting a roster together and they will fall apart with that change. Its not that easy to say"if you enjoy 25man, just go 25man". ya know after all you need 24 other people, ok?
3. if it would stop the pug raiding and improve the worth of guilds it would be a good change in that deparment but will also kill a lot of the old guilds which are 90% 25man guilds.
4. who said you'll get more gear in 25? It says it will drop more loot but also consider 25man and multiple players rolling on your items, in a 10man you'll most likely not roll against 7 other people.
5. i know quite a lot people that had special 10man groups for mains and now you have to decide to go 25 or 10man.
6. same lockout means also my raid wipes at a certain boss, doesnt get him down. ok then we'll clear the rest of the instance in 10man mode...thats gonna be some nice discussion who the 15 people will be who are going to be benched.
all in all bad change in my eyes but was expected.
Apr 11th 2010 2:15AM I am leveling a druid at the moment as resto. After this announcement I seriously consider to delete this char. No tree, no druid :(
Jan 26th 2010 9:59PM Since i didn't read all the 4 pages of comments, I do not know if it's mentioned earlier. But leveling as a elemental shaman isn't that bad at all. Sure, the spell rotation isn't so much fun, but with glyphed fire nova, magma totem and a skilled tank you'll see damage numbers, no other class can compete with (until level 45, which is my current level). With level 39 I ran several times "Scarlet Monastery Kathedral" with around 475 dps at the end. The next best player in the damage meter has done merely half my my damage with considerably less dps (around 180-200dps). Show me a enhancement shaman who outperforms this and I won't hesitate to reskill :)