Nov 6th 2011 8:19AM "shake things up"?
hell yeah. makes it interesting again. kinda like finding a new recipe for turkey 5 days after thanks giving.
sign me up!
Nov 1st 2011 12:13PM i'd like to recommend a pulled rickshaw (2-wheeled cart pulled by human popular in olden chinese days) as pandaren mounts.
Oct 26th 2010 9:10AM it's interesting all the phases people go through when they play the game:
1. get the game. don't know squat. everything is fun and exciting. ask a lot of questions. get a lot of smart ass answers until someone shows you where to get info.
2. learn to knock out quests and level professions. learn about gear and how crappy yours is. this is the birth of many gear whores.
3. endless dungeon dives hoping to get your drop for each level bracket.
4. get to max level. culture shock. you realize the game has just now begun and you're way behind.
5. what's the raiding crap. everyone's talking about raids and raiding. ask about raiding, get tons of smart ass answers.
6. get in a raid. feel nervous. gotta have vent. don't talk too much. but if you don't talk, then people will think you don't have vent and you'll get kicked. roll on loot. but don't roll late. DON'T STAND THE THE F***ING FIRE!!!
7. wipe the raid. feel like an idiot because everyone's telling you "you're an idiot." they want you to pay for their repairs. you don't even have gold for your own repairs.
8. get better at raiding. you know where to stand now. you know what to do. you're killing bosses now. you're gearing up fast. RAIDING IS AWESOME!!!
9. now you're addicted to raiding. you'll raid with anybody anytime. raid raid raid.
10. now you're telling other people what to do because they don't and you do. some listen. some are watching a movie. some are asleep at the keyboard because they haven't slept in 2 days.
11. you're now raid leader. you tell people what to bring, where to stand and what to do. you have standards. you have rules. people are scared of you. you're a A**HOLE.
12. this tank sucks. that healer sucks. your dps sucks. your voice sucks. STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!
12. you're too good for your guild. /gquit. make your own guild. now you're the boss.
13. gotta get my own vent. gotta max bank tabs. gotta get a website. spend money. gotta appoint officers and everybody sucks.
14. start raiding with your guild. bosses are burning like wild fire. you're progressing fast. people don't like you but they want to be in your guild.
15. now tour guild is the SH*T. everyone's talking about you. they hate you but they kiss your ass anyway.
16. everything's going great. until...
17. problem. this guys doesn't like that guy. and that guy's in love with this girl. and this girl's flirting with 3 other guys. and they're all officers!!! WTF!!!
18. you get on vent. you notice there are 20 new channels. they all haver passwords and you don't know any of them and you're paying for the vent server.
19. you don't know what's going on but something about the channel "we're gonna /gquit and make a new guild" seems fishy.
20. log on next day. "*** took *** out of the guild bank and I'M PISSED!!!" /gquit, "i donated 14s to the guild bank and I WANT IT BACK!!!" /gquit, "i found a new guild to carry me through raids, AND THEY'RE GONNA MAKE ME AN OFFICER!!!" /gquit.
21. more than half of the members are gone and the rest haven't logged on in over 6 months.
22. burned out. need some time off.
23. the smell of a dead guild still lingers. but you get to playing anyway. playing casually now. it feels good. feels free.
24. all the nerd-raging dip sh*ts fade into the distance as you get back into what you once loved doing.
25. kill alliance!!!
26. after a long queue time, you're in. LOL. nothing's changed. horde still don't heal in BGs. we still don't guard what we cap. people still complain and argue instead of fighting.
27. oh well, put in the time, get the honor, get gear. easy enough.
28. look over at the wife. she's half naked. life is good. thanks blizz.
Sep 22nd 2010 10:03AM i'd like to see a poker parlor in-game for some texas hold'em action for gold.
Aug 8th 2010 9:10AM strategically, i'd say you should start with the DK because you get 55 levels free. by the time you're done with the starting quests to get all your blues and mount, you're 58 and ready to take on outland dungeons. on BG holidays, you can get great xp from bgs and you're at the top of the bracket already. if you spec blood, you can self heal quite well. take up mining and either blacksmithing or jewelcrafting. BS made me a lot of money. i'm on 5 level 80s and all the new ones had their money for epic and cold weather flying well before they were able to. also a DK "CAN" get away with tanking some content without being tank spec'd. the faster you get to 80 the sooner you can purchase heirloom gear for your next toon to give them a 20% increase in xp. that makes a HUGE difference.