Skip to Content

WoW Insider has the latest on the Mists of Pandaria!
  • Bareideru
  • Member Since Jun 4th, 2010

Are you Bareideru? If So, Login Here.

BlogComments
WoW14 Comments

Recent Comments:

12 Days of Winter Veil Giveaway: Fishing Chair loot code {WoW}

Dec 16th 2011 11:22AM As usual... gimme gimme gimme! :)

12 Days of Winter Veil Giveaway: Landro's Lil' XT loot codes {WoW}

Dec 15th 2011 10:22AM Gimme gimme gimme!

Addon Spotlight: More information from Visual Combat Table {WoW}

Oct 18th 2011 11:34AM Amen to that. I don't really blame the people for not understanding how the combat table works, what "coverage" means, and how a single-roll is different than a two-roll one. Thing is, Blizzard did a very poor job at explaining all of this. I remember that when I first started tanking on my paladin (I had some attempts in tanking on my warrior, but that was way back in WotLK) that I was left wondering why the combat table is "covered" at 102.4% avoidance+block. I mean, why not 100%? And why the coverage was different for, say, DKs? It was stuff like that that led me to do some research on the combat table. It was a lucky coincidence that I was looking for an idea for an addon at around the same time :)

By the way, any and all suggestions about VCT are more than welcome.

Addon Spotlight: More information from Visual Combat Table {WoW}

Oct 15th 2011 1:13PM It does update the level, but you have to press enter after inputting the number. I'm going to improve that in the next version though, sorry for the inconvenience :)

Addon Spotlight: More information from Visual Combat Table {WoW}

Oct 13th 2011 7:10PM First of all, Mat, let me thank you for reviewing VCT :) I am quite happy that you like it. However, there's something odd with your screenshot. The tooltip says there is a 11.24% chance that you receive a normal hit, but the bar only has green and yellow sections. That shouldn't happen. Did you edit the screenshot in any way?

@madfigs Yeah, apparently there was a bug that if you hid the addon via the right click menu then it won't remember that and be visible the next time you login. It did work with /vct toggle. Anyway, that is fixed in version 1.4 that I'm about to upload right now. Thank you for mentioning that :)

The Light and How to Swing It: To cover the combat table {WoW}

Apr 9th 2011 2:24AM Actually I'm pretty sure DR are included in the character sheet. If, for example, you have 15% dodge and 12% parry, making up for a total of 27 avoidance (not counting miss), and you reforge a bit of your dodge to parry, you might get something like 13.6% dodge and 13.6% parry, making up a total of 27.2% avoidance. And since both parry and dodge rating have the same conversion, i.e. 176.71899 rating for 1%, the above would mean that DR are calculated in the character sheet. The difference is miniscule, but it's there.