Apr 22nd 2008 4:23PM Blizzard missed a huge flaw with their proposed S4 changes.
Many of us have run out of casual PvE content are only playing the PvP game, in particular the Arena. We've overlooked the fact that in many brackets only cater to specific class combinations. We've tolerated this imbalance due to the fact that even with a half decent rating, we'd eventually achieve a full arena set (split over 2 seasons to obtain shoulders).
The S4 changes takes a few steps in the right direction, but will lead to many canceled accounts in the near future.
Helps alleviate win/rating trading
Distinguishes the better players
Those of us who've collected 4/5 S3 have nothing left to pvp for. Some of the S4 ratings are impossible for certain class combinations to achieve.
I foresee S3 geared players hitting their team's potential max, jumping from team to team until they realize they can't get any higher, and then getting bored with the game. In a few weeks time, there will be no gear left for these players to work towards. If these changes get applied, many players in the 1200-1700 brackets are going to quit until the expansion comes out.
Jul 26th 2007 11:13AM mmm spectral mounts
Jun 22nd 2007 4:17PM I've rolled a druid and a priest (pre-TBC) and a paladin (post-TBC) and here are my thoughts.
- best HoT spells, which makes healing main tanks and hurt group members easily
- innervate is like a free mana potions so mana problems aren't too bad of a problem
- poor at shedding aggro (relies on catform cower or trinket)
- poor rezzing
- best overall healer with a good mix of big heals and HoT's
- very handy bubble spell to save people who are about to die
- holy spec is pretty weak at solo leveling
- super mana efficient with blessing of light + downranked Holy Light
- Bubble is nice when things get bad
- mana inefficient at healing other non-tank party members
In terms of which class I enjoyed the most playing:
1) Paladin - nice balance of healing and solo dps
2) Druid - great dps and healing, but battle rez was a bother
3) Priest - best class for healing instances, but had a hard time leveling (poor at pvping and long breaks to regen mana)
Jun 11th 2007 12:00PM "You guys wait here, I'm going to try and solo Onyxia. HEAL ME!"
May 18th 2007 10:26AM i learned via dueling in front of IF
Jan 18th 2007 10:29AM lol, I posted this guide up on thottbot.com a few weeks ago. Hope it helped people get their pretty wind serpents =D