Mar 26th 2012 6:50PM The class that can ranged dps, melee dps, and heal needs a tanking tree first. You're right.
Mar 26th 2012 6:47PM You beat me to it. :(
Mar 26th 2012 6:42PM Wow. The lack of understanding of how it works RIGHT now in the beta from someone who is supposed to be extremely knowledgeable about our class is kind of disappointing. I'm not saying things can't change but as it is now to suggest that Warlocks tanking in beta is not 100% intended is just denial.
1. The glyph is bugged, instead of removing the damage boost from Meta and turning it into mitigation it lets Meta be a permanent super DPS and tank form. Since Meta dps is pretty crazy with or without the glyph.
2. The reason bears and cats were not feasible in one tree in because a druid could switch between the two in the same fight, it's a little harder to switch glyphs. Not to say it's impossible for Blizz to decide to change Demo to 100% tank or give us a 4th spec.
3. Soulshatter become basically Challenging Shout. We also get back Provocation from the good old Wrath days with the glyph, an 8s CD taunt.
4. Fury Ward (the transformed Shadow Ward) reduces damage taken by 30% and drains Fury as it is up.
5. Your last point is reminiscent of the many (many) forum whiners who like to complain "waaaaah Blizz hates Warlocks, buff mage moar, waaaaaaah".
That's not to say EVERYTHING in this article is wrong, master as the be all end all of warlock tank stats is an issue, but the vast majority is.
Mar 23rd 2012 2:22PM They have the same abilities, but more powerful. For example the Shivara can seduce and then fight, it's not channeled. And the Observer has spell steal, instead of dispel.
Feb 18th 2012 11:56PM Mana pools AREN'T static, especially at level cap...
Jan 30th 2012 1:30PM If 25s were so great people would be running them more, they'd be willing to take on the burden of leading, or finding someone who would. But 25s in actuality are pretty bad, and now that people can't prance about in their 25 only gear or achieves and feel better about themselves few people care enough to bother with them and they're dying out.
Natural selection at work ladies and gentlemen. Or to put it another way: No bailout for 25s.
Nov 25th 2011 8:28PM The only way I can think of to satisfy your desire for all 3 choices of every tier to be equally useful at all 4 druid spec's main role is for every talent to be nothing but "Does X for Y spec, A for B spec, and J for K spec" Which would make for a very boring talent.
Mar 19th 2011 9:52PM Did you just make a KOS-MOS reference? All is forgiven, even if you are a smelly mage.
Aug 17th 2010 4:55PM No credit card = no authenticator. Fail.
Jul 31st 2010 7:01PM This thing you have with warlocks reminds me of the relationship between a 5 year old and his teenage brother. The poor little kid takes his rivalry with his brother so seriously; always trying to compete and measure up to the guy he wishes he was. Meanwhile the big brother doesn't even realize a rivalry exists and is just living his life.