Mar 28th 2011 3:52AM Hey Cambro,
It reduced the effects of mana drains, I think that's what you are thinking of here.
As far as removing resilience, that isn't fair to people who PvP exclusively. That just means people who raid/pve will have the greatest advantage when it comes to dealing damage. With what you're suggestingin - the damage reduction might be equal across the board, but whoever has the top raiding gear will always do the most damage.
Not everyone PVEs. As for myself, I just arena and do rated battlegrounds.
I can understand the frustrations of everyone, but I think resilience is definitely needed to balance the pvp aspect of the game.
Mar 16th 2011 4:40AM My first toon ever was a Warrior. I leveled that little guy to cap back in BC, and then leveled him to cap once again in WoTLK. Once he hit 80, I pretty much never touched him again.
You see... being bored of the warrior class back in BC, I had rolled a few alts in the meantime, but never really took those alts seriously. However, one day, I just decided I was done with my warrior. I just didn't enjoy the class anymore. One of those alts quickly became my new main.
My poor warrior. Sits alone in a Dalaran inn. Hasn't been played in about 2 years. Still wearing naxx epics and giving me a sad look whenever I log into the game. At the top of my character select screen... just begging to be played.
But I just can't. I don't like the class. I really do not enjoy playing warrior at all. At the same time, I just can't bring myself to delete the toon. He was my first toon ever and will always hold a special place in my wow experience.
And a special place at the top of my character select, greeting me warmly every time I log into the game. That's his purpose now. Poor guy.
Jan 26th 2011 9:53PM Pardon my childish comment, but I simply can't resist here.
@B - you mad bro?
Jan 25th 2011 9:51PM Thanks for this guide! My DK is gearing up to be a tank (in normal dungeons now) and this will help a lot when it comes time to start grabbing heroic gear.
Jan 11th 2011 1:49PM Pros:
- The worgen/goblin starting areas are absolutely amazing.
- The heroic dungeons are challenging without being overly difficult for guild groups.
- All the amazing new content in the old world. Let's not forget flying in the old world. :)
- The removal of rating for PvP gear.
- Getting geared for raiding feels like actual progression now.
- Guild leveling/perks.
- New cooking/fishing dailies
- Multiple skillups in professions for creating higher quality craftables.
- Not a whole lot to do at level cap yet. I'm sure this will change as the expansion goes on, as it did in wrath (for example, the argent tournament, new raids/dungeons, new dailies, etc)
- Horrid queue times in LFD
- Rated BGs are dead in the water
- Linear questing is great for the first time through, but leveling alts feels very repetitive.
- Engineering is too hard/expensive to level for no real gain.
- Chaos Orbs being BoP.
- Tol Barad battle is poorly designed/implemented.
I'm sure I could think of more for both pros and cons, but that's just off the top of my head.
Nov 29th 2010 6:56PM +1 for Western Plaguelands. Absolutely amazing zone. The pace was perfect. I also really ejoyed the new Blasted Lands. BL is also where Deathwing made me "stand in the fire". haha, never even saw him coming.
Nov 23rd 2010 5:38PM Win.
Nov 23rd 2010 2:58PM Hmm... I could either nap or catch up on laundry.
Guess which one I'm choosing.
Nov 19th 2010 9:25AM Blizzard normally won't do anything about Guild chat because it's a private chat. They give us the tools to moderate these channels and we are expected to do so.
That being said, the kid is freakin 12. He's probably heard worse things at school than anything he happened to read in guild chat that night. Sounds like the mom is just looking for an outlet to blame something.
Nov 16th 2010 6:09AM Servers won't be up at 11am PST if they are rolling out a patch. I don't know who've they've been trying to fool for the last 6 years on patch day, but it sure isn't any paying customer lol.