Jan 31st 2012 11:27AM On plot, death, and resurrection:
I always treated the player's ability to "cheat death" as a pure gaming abstraction. I treat a non-wipe scenario as the players that "died" were just so hurt they were out of the fight, and required out-of-combat attention to revive. I treat wipe scenarios as "this didn't happen, let's try this again."
This allows the player characters to "die" all day and night, but plot characters die when they are supposed to.
Jan 9th 2012 1:18PM I would go even further then has been suggested here.
With the advent of LFR and one-per-reset boss looting, I see no legitimate reason to keep the raid lockouts as they are currently. There is no good reason not to allow people to run a raid many times per week if that is what they desire to do. We can use the one-per-week loot rule to limit gear acquisition, instead of keeping people locked from running their main.
Personally, I loved the freedom Wrath gave me to run raids more then once per week. I am not an altoholic, I tend to chose a character and stick with it. It is beyond frustrating to reach the end of the week and either sit out or run an alt that I have little interest in.
Jan 8th 2012 3:46PM So many times this.
I try different specs once in a while, but nothing can top the fun of turning into a demon, bursting into flames, and throwing myself at my enemies!
Jan 3rd 2012 10:06AM I've managed to swap characters once per expansion, but in the end, I always come back to my warlock. I just can't get away.
For a while I was fully enamored with my druid, and would have called her my main. In fact, due to her seeing a lot of action during wrath, she has the most achievements, mounts, pets, etc. Still, I haven't touched her in months. I'm a warlock, I just am.
Dec 21st 2011 4:26PM I love that shirt
Dec 16th 2011 12:46PM A question for Addon Spotlight.
Historically, I have been a huge fan of the mod Eloquence. If you are unfamiliar with it, it was a mod that would filter chat and make it much more RP oriented. It single handedly make trade chat a bearable experience for many years. Unfortunately, it is no longer updated.
Is there perhaps a more recent addon that provides it's functionality? I would love to put it back into my addon lineup.
Dec 13th 2011 9:53AM Yay! The podcast is before the break again!
Jan 27th 2011 6:18PM 0. Macaroon - Simply the best addon ever.
1. Clique - I use the new default raid frames, properly configured they are lightweight and powerful. I previously used Grid.
2. IceHUD - For my player/target/tot frames
3. Power Auras Classic - I used to rely on several different class/spec based addons for dot and cooldown tracking, but with PAC I can decide how my UI displays my timers.
4. Skada - It's lighter then either Recount or Omen, yet it does the job of both.
5. BasicChatMods - discovered during the move to 4.0, when addons were breaking all over. SImply the lightest weight chat box addon I could find. Does all I wanted it to, and I'm sure I turned some of it off. Very light on configuration options (get ready to pop open a text editor) but also light on resources.
Nov 23rd 2010 3:04PM I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm certainly disappointed.
Why is it no matter how burnt I am on WoW, if it is a Tuesday I have an overwhelming urge to play?