Dec 28th 2010 5:47PM Please.
Dec 28th 2010 5:45PM Lore please
Oct 13th 2010 2:20AM Out of time?
Sep 10th 2010 12:01AM As a healer to the current breed of aoe speed-tanks :
- if I've just died because I pulled threat off you by healing you, yes, it _was_ your fault, and yes, you really should have that "taunt" ability somewhere close at hand.
- if you then charge straight away into the next set of mobs while I'm sitting down, drinking because someone just rezzed me... Well, I hope that you can heal yourself.
- Learn some patience and figure out that your health bar is only full when my mana bar isn't empty.
- If you're a NEW tank, let the group know. We generally will be far more forgiving of someone that tells us than if we figure it out after dying repeatedly.
To the hybrids out there...
- If you queue as heals/tank, stay away from "need" when used in conjuntion with DPS gear. Chances are that the DPS waited through their 15 odd minute queue and having you need on something that they actually DO need by saying "Oh, I just queue as heals to get instant dungeons" makes you a prick, not a time management guru. If you legitimately need that piece of gear ASK, or queue as DPS yourself.
Aug 26th 2010 11:13PM @Umb - Re PVP gear vs PVE Gear when starting.
Yes, I agree. Using PVP gear to artifically boost GS at high levels of gear is bad. However, if you are alting on a server with no main, no gold and no guild, (ie a "fresh" start with no way of getting better gear off the bat) the current 245 PVP epics will more than beat the itemisation on the quest 150-170ish pieces of green/blue gear that you'll be in at the end of your climb to 80. At that point you can't even enter heroics / Toc5 / icc5s to start farming triumphs / epics.
The PVP pieces are WAY easier to get than your first piece of PVE gear, as the amount of BGs/WGs that you need to run to get them are significantly lower than the amount of normal dailes that you'd need to run.
Once you have a couple of the PVP epics (pants, shoulder) you can actually start running heroics (+ Toc5/icc5 normal) to start getting better PVE gear.
As you say, once you see an item with ilevel 232 drop for the piece of pvp, you're probably better off replacing it, but until that point, the pvp epics are fine and very much easier to obtain.
Aug 19th 2010 11:44PM The new overload looks good. 75% damage at 16+y% chance to proc is tasty.
And the news about the shields is... Wait up a sec... Enh gets lightning. Resto gets water/earth. Ele gets... water/lightning again?! No wai!
The ele shield should be fire based. You know it's true. Call it Magma shield or something to differentiate it from the imp's fire shield.
Give it a chance to proc additional fire based damage on each spell that passes through it or something. Each time it does, it expends a magma orb. Can change the colour of the lightning bolts that proc it to red or something. If it procs off a fire based spell it might do something even more awesome.
I want my ponies, dammit.
Aug 19th 2010 11:05PM To all the warlock lifetap haters.
Guys, please stop it. If you don't want to heal the warlock when he taps, then don't. They have more than enough life regen that they can use even if they spam life tap til they're next to 0 hp. Unless they have aggro (bad lock!) or are taking heavy aoe damage, (situational / bad lock!) the warlock is the least in need of your heals. Use an addon that shows who has aggro -- if the lock doesn't, then just don't heal him.
Seriously. All locks have - Fel armor - restores 3% max life every 5 secs. Death Coil - Restores ~5K health on a decently geared lock. Drain Life - a spell designed specifically to restore life to the warlock, restores ~1K per tick.
If they need life, they'll get it. It may even teach them to be better warlocks if you don't heal them. ie "Hrm, I'm going to life-tap, guess I should queue up a death coil to replace the life that I'm about to lose..." + "Oh, the heals are all ignoring me, it's cool, I'll just swap to demon armor to ensure that I can heal myself to full at a slight sacrifice of dps while I'm getting health back"...
Please, just stop crying 'cos the warlock is DOING SOMETHING THAT HIS CLASS DOES. It's getting old.