Jan 13th 2012 11:51PM What happens when you're already at the top of your game?
My 25man casual group shorted healers (really short) frequently because our healers were great but the raid as a whole wasn't progressing on hard modes.
Many guilds solo healed Heroic Valithria just because they could. That fight made the whole raid accountable for doing it right and let them get through a farm boss faster with a little more fun.
By definition, players who are playing this sort of meta game are skilled enough at the regular game to know all about those particular encounters and defeat them properly. This is a game, not some silly test of rote execution.
Jan 6th 2012 1:40PM 5. LibDataBroker (Chocolate Bar, etc) - One place to for useful tools, information, AND all the crap previously attached to your minimap.
4. WIM - Instant messaging windows for WoW, because it's how I'm comfortable chatting. Especially useful if you have a lot of people whispering you at the same time.
3. Bartender - Awesome configuration for your action bars.
2. Power Auras - Reliable and extremely rewarding of you time spent configuring or googling&importing.
1. Vuhdo - Reliable and flexible. The most important addon in my game.
Dec 28th 2011 1:40PM Thank you for the chance.
Dec 20th 2011 4:22PM Thank you for the chance.
Dec 20th 2011 4:20PM Thank you for the chance.
Dec 20th 2011 4:19PM Thank you for the chance.
Dec 20th 2011 4:17PM Thank you for the chance.
Feb 21st 2011 1:37PM Light of Dawn is not a "save me!!!" heal, unless the person yelling already has your Beacon. LoD is most efficient when glyphed and hitting 6 targets. That means melee packs, including pets, and probably a 25 man raid unless your 10 has a lot of pet classes.
You can't save with LoD as a raid heal because of the output, but you should not have to:
1) They shouldn't take so much damage == it's their fault for dying.
2) Incoming damage doesn't come in so fast that you can't single-target everyone to safety*
*May require healing coordination, assignments, and communication. May also require mitigation cooldowns from other players.
The same thing is true for Holy Radiance. 79hp ticks? If he's really low then he should move closer. If he's not low then just ignore him.
Feb 8th 2011 5:23PM Removing the background from your chat, especially if you spend any time in melee or around fire, is a horrible idea. Many spell effects are so bright I can barely see my 'toon, let alone aura effects or chat text.
Moving & sizing down HudMap is a very nice idea.
Kong looks very interesting. Almost as interesting as KAHolyPower from the same article.
Dec 27th 2010 2:00PM Pretty please!