Feb 22nd 2012 3:11AM Yak mounts??!! As a member of a guild named (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/guild/arathor/The%20Royal%20Kilted%20Yaksmen/) I think my jaw just hit the floor...
Feb 16th 2012 12:39PM Starting from zero on a new server is indeed fantastic experience. Playing without all those things you normally take for granted is very refreshing.
Feb 8th 2012 2:05PM Not fully correct. I haven't actually checked the dark portal itself (I think there still is some level limit), but the level limit on the portals to blasted lands has been lowered: those portals now can be used by characters questing in blasted lands or swamp of sorrows. I don't know the exact level limit, but if I recall correctly my level 52 toon went through it to blasted lands last week.
Feb 8th 2012 1:56PM Some portals (all of them one way) you forgot to mention explicitly:
- Hellfire peninsula (dark portal) to Orgrimmar (near horde flight master)
- Hellfire peninsula (dark portal) to Stormwind (near alliance flight master)
- Dalaran to Orgrimmar
- Dalaran to Stormwind
- Shattrath to Orgrimmar
- Shattrath to Stormwind
Feb 8th 2012 2:23AM For situations where you don't want to use a flask remember that scrolls count as elixirs since Cata. While pre-cata scrolls offer so little benefit that they are vendor fodder, the top rank scrolls provide a healthy benefit (100 STR for "Scroll of Strength IX" - http://www.wowhead.com/item=63304 ).
So if you wonder why there are no primary stat elixirs in cata: they are there, but are crafted by scribes instead of alchemists, and are called "scrolls" rather than "elixirs" (and only last 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes).
Jan 26th 2012 2:09AM Aye, when I saw today's topic, Stormcaller Mylra was the first NPC to come to my mind. I'd sure like to see that "tiny angry woman" around a bit more...
Jan 17th 2012 2:06AM I am not sure if measuring the leveling market by taking the lowest level mats (peacebloom, light leather, copper, strange dust, linen cloth) is a good idea. In my experience those ultra-low-level mats behave very peculiar. On the buyer's side, those are bought by people who just start to level a new trade and haven't discovered that just buying stuff blindly without watching the price may not be a good idea. On the supply side, those are often sold by people who are totally new to the market that haven't learned yet what those items sell for. Those two effects together make the price of those items yoyo all over the place, an I'm not sure that binding conclusions to those unstable prices is a good plan.
Another issue may be that not all items are in equal demand. You chose Peacebloom instead of Silverleaf - why? Both are "level 1 herbs". To a scribe they are equivalent. To a leveling alchemist they aren't completely equivalent (the two alchemists I leveled in the past few months used a lot more silverleaf than peacebloom). I'm not saying "use silverleaf instead of peacebloom", just that chosing either of them doesn't show the whole picture.
Oct 13th 2011 9:27AM As an alt-o-holic I'm quite familiar with the dilemmas of the choice for class, race, and gender. There are many factors that play a role, many of which have been mentioned before.
- Availability of a race once you choose a class (or vice versa). No matter how much you want your hunter to be a gnome, or your gnome to be a hunter - it is not gonna happen. (But then, I used to say that about gnome priests ...)
- I want some variation. If my most recent alt was a goblin, my next alt will be some other race.
- I still am planning to have at least one character of each race at maximum level before the next expansion hits (currently at 9 of 12 races). And at least one character of each class at maximum level (currently at 8 of 10 classes)
- The mood. Sometimes you simply want to check out a particular combinition. For no particular reason. Just because you can ...
- There are some races I don't enjoy playing much. I can play a human all my out-of-game time already, why would I play one in-game too?
- Sometimes I just want to experience the starter zone of a particular race again. Usually that kind of alts end up at maximum level anyway.
Oct 13th 2011 9:11AM Pretty similar here. I can play human all day long in real life, so that's one race I won't play in game.
Well, except to complete my project to have a max level character of each race some day ...
Nov 18th 2010 9:55AM The cataclysm data on wowhead seems to be seriously lacking at the moment. I suspect there are far too few people running the wowhead client on beta. There are really many things missing there, especially the simple basic trade goods.