Mar 29th 2012 10:22AM Why would they put in a half-assed filter system like that? Just take GoblinVendorFilter and build it into the game.
Mar 26th 2012 2:44PM I think the regrowth glyph is a way to change the spell without the controversy of changing the spell. It had been nerfed pretty hard with the reduction in its duration, this is just to seal the deal. Blizzard does not want druids to be a HoT-based healing class because HoTs are impossible to balance with direct heals. Frankly, druids haven't been really HoT-based since Cataclysm, we've just been HoT-flavored.
With the glyph, all the cool kids (read: hardcore) will convert the spell to a crittacular direct heal and those who pine for the good old days (when druids actually had some sort of individuality) can keep their little HoT. Down the road, expect the situation to be reversed. The base spell will be the crittacular direct heal and the glyph will restore the HoT. Then probably even further down the road, the glyph will quietly go away.
Mar 13th 2012 9:01AM Demons are supposed to be the iconic element of the Warlock class, and frankly Demons need a complete overhaul. They're just not that compelling. They make the Warlock technically a pet class, but compare the handful of very situational Demons to the dozens upon dozens of different beasts a Hunter can choose among.
So demons are pretty bland. The other aspects of Warlocks need to make up for it, but they really don't. Maybe that's why all three warlock specs are getting a big makeover in Mists.
But frankly if they don't overhaul the demon pets themselves somehow to make them more compelling, the class will still suffer.
Dec 14th 2011 10:48AM It should just be a plain old zip file. Do I need to resubmit it?
Dec 14th 2011 10:44AM It should just be a plain old zip file. Do I need to resubmit?
Dec 13th 2011 3:08PM Mathew I've submitted my all-characters UI multiple times over the past year and a half. You've never featured it and I've never seen even a confirmation that you've received it. Do you have a huge backlog of these or something?
Dec 9th 2011 12:25AM I think AutoBar does what you're talking about.
Dec 8th 2011 4:42PM Mature language filter is exactly the sort of thing that led me to keep a "__sandbox" addon. It's my own home-made addon that's really just a collection of LUA snippets that I wrote to fine tune my UI. Other things my "__sandbox" addon does are:
- Turn off screen blur when I'm drunk. Turn it back on when I'm sober. I did this because some of my characters use Sulfuron Slammer on the Ozruk fight in Stonecore. The screen blur was annoying.
- Build a smart-assist macro that lets me have a key bound to /assist whoever happens to be the tank in a group.
- Move my bag bar to the equipment frame. I use Bartender for my action bars and there's really no reason to have my bag bar always visible. So I attach it to the equipment frame so I can access it if I need to equip/unequip bags but so it doesn't clutter my screen.
- Register some custom textures with LibSharedMedia to be used by kgPanels.
- Change the TOP_OFFSET attribute of UIParent so UI panels it opens don't overlap the UI elements in the top corners of my screen.
Nov 2nd 2011 9:03AM Give it up for Embrace of the Viper!
Oct 31st 2011 8:57PM Maybe. But I can't help thinking how it's going to feel as a frost mage, getting to level 90 and the prize being the choice between 2 fire-based damage/utility spells and 1 arcane utility spell. Just isn't the way talents should "feel" imo.