Nov 21st 2010 5:27AM aww, the above post got cut at the beginning for some reason..
Credits to Nereth from the hydramist forums for that link.. and
1) big heals on demand: flash heal spam has even better healing per second than penance right now for disc priests. It's even better for holy priests.
Sorry about the mistake!
Nov 21st 2010 5:17AM Holy has a lot of potential for pvp..
http://forums.hydramist.net/showthread.php?2657-Holy-is-the-new-priest-PVP-spec-for-4.0.1 using penance. Your flash heal will be better as holy, plus every 2 flash heals you can cast a greater heal at the same speed + reduced mana cost (serendipity)
2) Instant heals: renew, better prayer of mending, circle of healing, LIGHTWELL (do not ignore this! even if you only get 1 charge before it's destroyed, it helps!)
3) CDS: Guardian spirit (amazed that it was skipped here! It's very helpful, doesn't trigger GCD, don't have to worry about dispels if timed correctly), desperate prayer.
4) Offensive play: Chastise is ridiculously useful, the loss of evangelism doesn't hurt that much, as Smite Chakra is pretty much the same thing, plus it boosts death + dots
5) Focused will: Undeniable loss, but inspiration + blessed resil can help cope.
6) Hasted mana burns: not available for either now, one of the old arguments in favor of disc
7) Hasted mass dispel: a glyph now, one of the old arguments in favor of disc.
There's more in that link at the beginning ... TL;DR: give holy a go, pvp priests. It's surprisingly viable atm :)