Skip to Content

WoW Insider has the latest on the Mists of Pandaria!
  • Shogan
  • Member Since Dec 22nd, 2010

Are you Shogan? If So, Login Here.

BlogComments
WoW14 Comments

Recent Comments:

Mists of Pandaria: Raid Finder loot system changes clarified {WoW}

Mar 19th 2012 6:55PM What about OS gear? I know it is near impossible to get it in the LFR loot system as it stand now. It would be nice if they could adapt the system to take this into account, i.e. giving a 75% chance of your 'winnign roll' will be a MS item and 25% for your OS.

The Light and How to Swing It: Refreshing the retribution utility toolbox {WoW}

Mar 14th 2012 8:45PM I have always thought that our hand spells could do more to help us live up to this ideal of being a 'support' class. They would still be buffs on a player that would aid them in their task.

Healer - placing a hand on healer would increase their single target or AoE heals during a particularly intense healing phase. If cast on the Paladin it would reduce Holy Radiance CD, cast time, mana, or even Holy Light increase from the Crusade talent. Something to give a slight advantage but not as much as if used on an actually healer.

Tanks - work in a similar fashion to Sacrifice/HoP so as to act like an adsorb or once the hit has been taken a percentage is returned to the target as a health all at once or over time. If cast on the Paladin it would act the same but to lesser effect, we have our own bubble after all.

DPS - Would be like a mini wings or zealorty (increase rage/Combo point etc regen) for a period of time. No effect on casting paladin because we have Wings/Zealotry.

Reduce their CD to 1min so that we can use these abilites more often and to greater effect throughout the duration of the fight. If we are a support class then give us the means and oppurtinity to do just that.

Give others a reason to take us not just as tanks or healers but as a worthwhile DPS investment. In that we can still bring a suitable amount of dps to the table but more importantly we also bring a little added extra to others ;)

The Light and How to Swing It: 4 ways to start retadin combat off with a bang {WoW}

Mar 2nd 2012 5:01AM I know what the OP was refering to.

Seals are not something that I use as frequently during combat or between combat that I feel they should be keybound. Yes, the shift modifier will help to stop the need to click but for me all my easily accessable keubind are occupied by something else. It would take me longer to locate the key than to left/right click the macro on my bar.

The Light and How to Swing It: 4 ways to start retadin combat off with a bang {WoW}

Mar 1st 2012 1:41PM @Dan and Task

I find the following to be a far better macro for Seals, Blessings and a whole host of other things too:

#showtooltip Seal of Truth
/cast [btn:1] Seal of Truth
/cast [btn:2] Seal of Righteousness

#showtooltip Blessing of Kings
/cast [btn:1] Blessing of Kings
/cast [btn:2] Blessing of Might

Left clicking will activate btn:1 and Right clicking will activate btn:2
No need for a shift modifier makes it a little more efficient.

Hope this help :)

Totem Talk: Why enhancement AOE doesn't work {WoW}

May 21st 2011 7:36PM Your final suggestion sound much like a DK's Howling Blast, one which would be awesome IMO. It could be glyphed to increase niumber of mobs affected or the range of the initial multiple flame shock.

The Light and How to Swing It: Enhancing your prot paladin's tanking gear {WoW}

Apr 1st 2011 8:56PM On the odd occasion when I run HC's in my Ret spec (usually tank them +30min queues suck), it has been shocking to see the number of Prot Pallies out there who are still stacking Stam in every slot. I would not want to be in their raids :(

I genereally /sigh at them and wait for the healers to QQ at how hard they are to keep alive. Sometimes I will try to educate them, most retort with a responce along the lines of "What do you know, you're a nab Ret"

It is usually at this point I would love to switch into my properly enchanted and gemmed tanking gear, respec and ask the healer to ignore them. I finally came across a Prot Pally who was so adimant that I was wrong he took me up on my offer to switch places after 4 wipes on the 2nd boss in GB (Throngus).

After completing the final boss with no more wipes, no aggro issues and no deaths, the healer thanked me in /p chat and said that it was so much easier to keep me alive. At which point I turned to the original Prot Pally and simple said "See" and went on my merry way. I hope he learned a valuable lesson that day :p

I do have to ask.... is this the same for DK and Prot Warriors? The vast majority that I have come across in PuGs also stack Stam in every gem slot.

Blizzard: No triple spec on the horizon, but it's not ruled out {WoW}

Mar 3rd 2011 8:51AM I doubt that Blizz would instigate a trispec option, however there is an easy solution to the current duel spec design. When the tree is unlock or retrained the player has the option to select a 3 tree set from either a PvP or PvE oritentation.

This would mean that a person could have one or two specs for PvE and or PvP. The greatest benefit to adobting this design as opposed to a 3 spec option is that any changes made in either subset will not affect the other.

A lot of what happens within a class/tree is because one or more changes have a huge impact in the other areas. By making this change it would leave the design teams free to balance out the classes and specs for PvE without having those changes effect PvP, and visa versa.

I would much rather see something like this implemented than a 3rd spec option.

12 Days of Winter Veil Giveaway Day 9: Fishing Chair loot code {WoW}

Dec 31st 2010 5:22AM here fishy fishy fishy

12 Days of Winter Veil Giveaway Day 7: Goblin Weather Machine loot code {WoW}

Dec 28th 2010 5:40PM why does it always rain on me :-p