No Profile Found
Feb 23rd 2012 3:51PM Or Ashe. :D
Seriously, if Powershot ends up looking and functioning anywhere close to as awesomely as Enchanted Crystal Gamechanger, I'm totally sold.
Dec 1st 2011 3:18PM "...against famous raid bosses from WoW's history, such as Ragnarosh..."
Getting a head start on that Thursday evening happy hour at the World's End, huh?
Nov 21st 2011 2:25PM My favorite line is: "You're welcome to bring your main to our guild raids."
Followed by: "You're also welcome to start up and lead a weekly alt raid on one of our off-nights."
Nov 14th 2011 12:09PM I envision hunter tanking (which won't happen, btw) as being a sort of teamwork between the hunter and pet to trade incoming blows.
The hunter is more dodgy and can use a redesigned Aspect of the Wild to boost their personal magic resistance, whereas the pet has higher armor and can block incoming physical attacks. A good hunter tank would be able to use Distracting Shot, Feign Death, and his pet's Taunt to manage which kind of mitigation is being maximized at different times.
Aspect of the Wild increases the hunter's threat generation and increases the hunter's magic resistance.
Aspect of the Beast increases the pet's threat generation and armor, but negates the pet's passive "Avoidance" ability.
Then you have all kinds of fun things like Intervene, Misdirection, maybe a new talent called "Bite the Hand that Bites the Hand that Feeds You".
I dunno, I think the canvas is there, but adding specs like that would just take too much development and balancing effort
Nov 11th 2011 10:11AM When we're wiping on fights that we've killed multiple times before, when we all know the strategy and our specific duties, but for whatever reason we are making repeated mistakes, I like to re-simplify things.
I'll say something like, "This time, let's all make sure we take no damage at all from Engulfing Flames."
Now, when everyone is concentrating on that one specific aspect, we forget about all the other failing we've been doing throughout the fight, and our muscle memory takes over.
"Engulfing Flames in 3... 2... Oh, it's over."
Oct 27th 2011 10:05AM The problem with mixing utility and damage talents in the same tier is that it removes the choice again. For DPSing in raids, the choice can't be between, for example, movement speed and damage, because then we always take the damage without thinking about it.
Also, I have to disagree with your assertion that the disengage talents at level 45 sound useless for raiding. Who doesn't like a self-heal? Or how about 100% spell resist on demand?
Oct 23rd 2011 6:59PM Um... why?
Why do we even need a calculator? There's no calculating to be done.
The reason we had talent calculators before was to see what would work and what wouldn't within the complexities of the talent trees. Now there's practically no complexity to them at all. (Not necessarily saying they're not interesting.)
Oct 14th 2011 4:52PM *~ Listen to me while I describe what it's like in my dream land... ~*
1. Arcane Shot no longer costs focus, but now grants 4 focus and is usable in melee range. It deals damage approximately equal to Steady Shot. (Arcane damage is weird as a hunter anyway, so it's perfectly okay with me if it violates the "hunter feel" of the minimum range too.)
2. Cobra Shot is instant, costs 22 focus, and becomes what Arcane Shot used to be -- except it also can now be used in melee range. Talents, set bonuses, etc, that used to reference Arcane Shot now reference Cobra Shot instead. Cobra Shot still refreshes Serpent Sting. BM gets Rhumba (come on, that idea was awesome), or some other abilities boosting Cobra Shot.
3. Steady Shot is still a 2.0-sec cast, and becomes the default focus regen shot for all hunters while standing still. If your Black Arrow is on the target, Steady Shot deals shadow damage instead of physical damage.
4. Aspect of the Fox is gone. Aspect dancing is lame.
5. Point of No Escape (SV talent) -- Damage-over-time abilities deal 50%/100% reduced damage to targets frozen by your Freezing Trap.
6. Improved Serpent Sting (SV talent) -- Serpent Sting deals some instant damage, has an increased critical strike chance, and now also has a 50%/100% chance to also apply Widow Venom.
7. When Black Arrow is dispelled, it deals all its remaining damage instantly to the dispeller.
The net effect:
- Hunters get 2 shots they can use in melee range, Arcane Shot (to build focus) and Cobra Shot (to dump focus).
- Hunters still want to stay at range use their signature shots, but they're not completely helpless with a mage in their face.
- Running circles around a pillar no longer exempts you from a hunter's damage or denies the hunter half his focus.
- DoTs don't suck to use as a hunter or when you have a hunter on your team. SV doesn't suck to use in PvP.
- Hunter PvE rotations are unchanged, with the exception of using Cobra Shot the way Arcane Shot used to be used. Also, no switching to a different aspect to do damage on the move. The trade-off is the slightly lower focus regeneration of Arcane Shot vs Steady Shot.
*~ Snaps out of it ~*
Um, 5% more AP for BM.
Oct 13th 2011 8:27AM "...who wants to stare at cow butt for hours on end?"
I was about to ask YOU that.
Now quit staring.
Oct 10th 2011 9:10AM I really like my crossbow that sounds like a gun.