No Profile Found
Apr 4th 2012 11:25AM My rogue has definitely bonded with his black Bombay cat. After all, cats are the rogues of the animal kingdom: they can stealth, and they carry razor-sharp blades. :)
Apr 3rd 2012 12:20PM So you put others down for being 'socially awkward' crybabies for trying to do SOHK alone, and then go on to brag about getting the achievement twice 'without the assistance of anyone'? Way to negate your own argument, pathetic as it is.
Socially awkward is not synonymous with being socially discriminating. The latter involves engaging in the comforting fiction that people like you simply do not exist in-game.
Apr 3rd 2012 9:53AM Others have already mentioned some of the reasons why I find PvP repellent: the gear grind, the nerfing of PvE for PvP, and the unbalanced nature of PvP in WoW. I agree wholeheartedly with those reasons, but there is one overarching factor that trumps all for me: the poisonous, nasty, foul community.
There is nothing wrong with my competitive ability. As a successful competitive fencer and equestrian, anyone who acted out in such a nasty, uncontrolled way would have been given a black card (fencer-ese for 'thrown out of the tournament') or shown the arena gate. I am not a bully, and WoW's flavor of PvP appears to cater to them, and even to reward them. Thus, no PvP for me.
Apr 2nd 2012 6:26PM Once upon a time, there was an accomplished blood-elf hunter, and a lowly human rogue bank alt named Roycroft. The hunter was the standout: he was the raider, the collector of rare-spawn pets, and the one who got the best of everything.
Then, the raiding group he was with fell apart. Much doom and gloom ensued.
In the meantime, Roycroft the rogue found happiness with a fine guild, became a raider and collector of Things Rare, and ceased to be a bank alt.
These are my two mains; one Horde, and one Alliance. Both are accomplished (150 pets, 100 mounts, Loremaster), but Roy is now the raider, and my hunter is now enjoying himself as a seeker of rare pets and a maker of great piles of gold. Both of them get the best of everything. I could never choose between them. :)
Mar 26th 2012 2:59PM Our raid leader is a never-ending source of amusement in this area.
When fighting Staghelm in the Firelands, I remember him warning us about the 'flame sith', as in 'Dark Lord of the'. Took me a minute to realize that he meant 'flame scythe'.
He's a good raid leader, and I would never take it upon myself to correct him and possibly hurt his feelings, but he does keep me entertained.
Mar 26th 2012 2:33PM And also:
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Good old Eleanor. :)
Mar 22nd 2012 9:43AM A cruise wouldn't really be my thing; too many people and too much confusion.
Now, a bit of WoW in the evenings after a great day of hiking on the Appalachian Trail - THAT sounds fun!
Mar 17th 2012 10:19AM I play a male human, so looking sexy is out of the question. /cry
Mar 16th 2012 10:43AM MoP wishes are like potato chips: you can't have only one!
1) Follow through with alternative means of getting Valor besides raiding or dungeons. Raiding should not be the only viable playstyle for progressing one's character, and this is coming from a raider.
2) More hunter stable slots. Please. Stop me before I make yet another hunter to indulge the thrill of the rare-spawn hunt!
3) Please don't force me into 'world PvP' on my PvE server. I play on a PvE server for a reason. Three guesses what that might be, and the first two don't count. :)
4) Do something about the broken loot system in LFR. It is a miserable mess.
5) An unlimited (or at least much larger) ignore list that allows the ignoring of entire accounts rather than just individual characters. if I don't like Hunter the Obnoxious, I doubt I'm going to feel differently about Mage the Obnoxious from the same account.
(As a corollary, I would also like to see more definitive action taken against jerks and griefers. Perhaps Blizzard cannot dictate human nature, but they can dictate standards of acceptable behavior in their game. Playing with others in an MMO should not be a stressful ordeal.)
7) Please don't item-squish away the ability to solo old content. I don't care one way or the other about the item squish itself, but I enjoy my weekly Karazhan and Molten Core runs.
Mar 12th 2012 10:23AM I am a DPS-only player who just happens to be female, and prefers melee to ranged (with an exception for my beloved hunter). My main is a male rogue.
I have never been interested in healing; too much responsibility and/or blame.
The healers in my guild (and damn fine ones, too) are all men.
I have the maternal instincts of a guppy.
And I love the smell of exploding stereotypes in the morning. Smells like....reality.