Aug 2nd 2009 4:29AM Head, fully made of bone.
Feb 16th 2009 7:35PM You, sir, are absurd. Not even worth a rational response except, indeed, you are absurd.
Feb 16th 2009 7:33PM So, when does playing this game have anything to do with "survival"? I play to have fun - my level 72 shadowpriest would like to see what healing is all about and contribute more in an instance group - especially when i get 'uninvited' because "we need a real healer". I want to know how to situationally use, for example, Penance, as a Disc priest, though I enjoy levelling as shadow.
Why do I just have to "survive"? that's stupid reasoning.
Feb 16th 2009 7:28PM To the contrary, it doesn't make any sense at all.
Feb 13th 2009 2:56PM Well, then you don't "completely agree with GC" now, do you? Your level 60 idea, while right on target, isn't "max level", is it?
Feb 12th 2009 4:44PM If I'm a boomkin druid, I don't need 2 sets.
If I'm a Ele Shaman, I don't need 2 sets.
If I'm a Shadowpriest, I don't need 2 sets.
Collect them if you want them, but not necessary to make the functioning 2nd spec work.
Feb 12th 2009 4:38PM yeah, because god forbid we'd actually like to have fun playing the game.
Feb 12th 2009 3:01PM I'm both thrilled about dual-spec and INCENSED at the same time!
MAX LEVEL ONLY!!!? Stupidest thing I've ever heard about this otherwise fantastic improvement. This must change!
Anyone who plays a Priest, Paladin, Druid, and Shaman (for starters!) and has to PUG frequently for instances knows the pain of this scenario - ".... LF1M - Just need Healer (or tank) then G2G". Dual spec would so beautifully solve this problem of getting into a well configured group for levelling in instances.
Same thing could be said for other classes too:
- Warrior - leveling as Fury (or Arms), but instance group needs a Prot tank
- Paladin - leveling as Ret, group needs a Prot tank (or healer as noted above)
- Feral Druid - leveling mostly as kitty dmg, need to slightly respec for bear tanking (or healer, again, see above).
- Hunter - leveling as BM with an exotic pet, group may need a tanking tenacity pet with the hunter moving to Survival for the most DPS (currently).
- Locks - leveling as Demonology so you have a tanking minion, but want to do instance as Destro (or Afflic)
- Even Rogues and DKs might want a different approach in an instance vs. leveling; leveling as Subtlety/instance as Combat;
Death Knights might be spec'ed for dps, but the instance group needs a tank.
There are myriads of examples where Dual-spec could make the levelling to 80 process SO much more enjoyable and flexible. It's just so asinine to make this a max-level 80-only feature.
I implore EVERYBODY who isn't level 80 and agrees that this feature should be made available to everybody to go on the official forums in response and make it clear that THIS MUST BE CHANGED FOR FINAL RELEASE in 3.1.
Sorry for sounding rant'ish, but I just about put my fist through my monitor when I read this.