Feb 2nd 2007 7:52AM @14
Laf! You're joking right? Respect the hardcore raiders? I feel nothing but pity for people who spend that much time playing a game.
Feb 2nd 2007 6:46AM @1 XPerl Unit Frames. That's what unit frame mods are for.
Feb 2nd 2007 6:30AM A combination of all of the above.
1) Keeping the retailers happy. Vivendi DEFINATELY has to do this, it's been discussed before with other companies and this is a key point. Yes, there are companies breaking this mold with episodic content but Vivendi is a huge publisher and can't afford to risk it.
2) Boxes on shelves can catch the eye of non-WoW players whereas Direct Downloads (DD) probably won't.
3) DD would indeed be insane bandwidth but they could of had it background downloading for a month to offset the server load somewhat.
4) Free publicity from the launch hype to draw in new players.
5) Selling strategy guides. A lot of people would have picked this up when they went and bought their copy of TBC (no idea why but I saw lots doing it when I bought my copy) which wouldn't have happened if it had been DD.
In regards to why only 2 million (Believe it was actually 2.5 million in the first week) people bought it: It has only been released in the West so far and there are only 3.5 million players here, the rest are in Asian countries.
Feb 2nd 2007 6:16AM I don't play a 'lock but this seems like overkill to me. Why not just leave it as is until the next patch and let them have some fun.
Feb 1st 2007 9:47AM I would have thought it should be pronounced seg-ahh similar to the seg in segment.
Feb 1st 2007 8:15AM I really feel sorry for people in Russia. Their lives are so depressing that even Lineage II feels like a step up =*(
Feb 1st 2007 5:28AM Guess what? Trinity bars also has a circle option.
Jan 30th 2007 8:04AM Thanks Bamboo for providing us with some useful info.
I've been reading the comments in this section (I think a few of my braincells commited suicide in the process) and it's amazing how much crap people, who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, can spout.
Jan 30th 2007 7:30AM Server side? WTF it's GTA!
Jan 30th 2007 4:32AM @26
I think you missed the point. I realise that I'm agreeing with everything you say. I understand the warrior class is rubbish.
The point is all the whining in the world is not going to change that. Either Blizzard will realise the warrior issues through internal testing and remedy them or they won't and nothing will change. The point is that there is NOTHING you can do about it so there is no point complaining about it.
Every WoW forum is awash with nerf calls and class complaints, it's not just warriors but that was the loudest noise in this particular topic. It's nearly impossible to discuss anything without it turning into someones rant because they feel they're entitled to something. Stop being so narcissistic. That is my point.