Jun 11th 2010 2:55AM Wasn't Twin Disciplines also changed (now it also buffs PW:S)?
For a Disc PvE build you either put two points in 'Unbreakable Will' or go down the 'Archangel' lane with 'Penitence'. Overall, if you take 'Penitence', 'Evangelism', 'Searing Light', 'Divine Fury', 'Divine Accuracy' and 'Holy Reach' you WILL have a formidable 'Smite' and a good damage version of 'Penance' and a nice 'Holy Fire' to back it up.
Is this enough to introduce a whole new role to raids? The 'Emergency raid healer/protector with damage dealing' role? We have to wait and see...
May 10th 2010 3:31AM Nice article but you don't seem to play disc often:
[q]If I set up Heal three times, I want my single target heals to be on par with a paladin or disc priest.[/q]
Disc priest single target heals are not as efficient as paladins single target heals. Not even remotely. Blizzard said "We want to improve Discipline's single-target healing capacity" but currently I only see nerfs to the single healing capacity of disc:
'Focused Power' is nerfed (-4% healing).
'Soul Warding' is possibly nerfed (I expect this to give 5% per point now).
'Focused Will' is nerfed (-3% crit).
'Enlightment' changed, but a -6% haste nerf regarding throughput.
'Grace' nerfed (-2% healing).
'Borrowed Time' nerfed (-20% spellpower bonus).
That's a lot of reduction and I don't know if other classes also get such a treatment.
Apr 11th 2010 5:01AM I think "Leap of Faith" won't have any impact on PvE. Here is why: If an boss encounter would become a lot easier (or even trivial) with "Leap of Faith" tactics, Blizzard will change that encounter. As they always stated (and this is of course a valid point) encounters should not depend on the classes in your raid.
So, in the end, this will be a spell you may cast any 45 seconds at maximum and which will prevent a small amount of damage to a player (or not - maybe he already moves out of danger or lowers his aggro without your help). Since it displaces a damage dealer, tank or other healer, in PvE it will only be cast when planned in advance. Also note that you DON'T want mobs following your target into your melee range, clothie!
As a PvE healer I'm underwhelmed.
Regarding disc priests and their additional shields or mastery bonus: I really would like to see a SoT. What's a SoT? A "Shield over Time" adds a shield to the target in ticks for a given amount of time. This will give disc priests some scaling with the Haste & Crit for 'over time' effects and it may be a good tool for single target (and tank) healing.
May 31st 2008 4:42AM Yes, on a second look it seems like Blizzard is trying to turn the discipline priest into something suitable for raids. Rapture, the new mana battery option, is a clear indication.
I always liked the capability of feral druids to switch from a tanking duty to a melee dps duty and it may be that discipline priests may be able to switch from a spot healing role to a single target dps role.
However, while I clearly can see that they may be able to do some decent healing I'm not totally convinced that they may be able to do some decent holy dps (especially the mana will run out sooner or later).
May 22nd 2008 9:49AM The 'Changes to existing spells & talents' section is also very interesting:
There is a big buff to 'Lightwell' (0,5 sec cast, 5 minutes cooldown, 10 charges), the low level shadow talents 'Spirit Tap' and 'Shadow Focus' are improved and the new 'Mental Strength' seems to be worthwhile now.
BUT a big nerf to 'Circle of Healing' (8 sec cooldown) and also a big nerf to 'Vampiric Touch'. Ouch.
May 22nd 2008 9:35AM Well, Divine Spirit seems to be still in the Discipline tree and Blizzard continues to distribute the healing talents in both trees (e.g. Rapture and Divine Aegis are spells are Holy priest would certainly like to have - but he will never get them).
The question still remains: What is the purpose of the Discipline tree (other than a sinkhole for healer talentpoints)?
Jan 4th 2008 5:18AM I guess (or hope?) they will bring new flying mounts which are faster than the standard flying mounts but slower than the epic mounts, along with a new intermediate riding skill (between 225 and 350).
There is a loot of room in between a 60% and a 280% speed increase. And there is also a lot of room in between 800g and 5000g for the riding skill.
Mar 15th 2007 9:37AM Besides being a fun profession, engineering had the following tools I used up to level 60:
- Shells which can be converted to arrows (for some extra damage). I think there is no possibility right now to convert the new shells to arrows, right?
- Scopes for guns & bows. Ok, there are some new scopes in there.
- I very rarely used bombs/grenades. Most of them are simply too expensive. Some more EZ-Throw-like grenades which can be used by a non-egineer would be very nice.
- Parachute cloak. I used this before I was going to teleport to Gadgezan. One of the few eng items which always work.
- Teleporter. I like these. However, placing the gnomish teleporter besides an alliance only settlement is a bad move for the horde. This concept could be expanded, e.g. more teleports to Booty Bay or Shattrath. Or an Universal Teleporter which can select its target and can teleport to both, gnome and goblin, teleporters. A sellable personal teleporter which is destroyed after one use. Etc.
- Repair bot. Nowadays it's annoying to farm for thorium and those dreaded fused wirings. A better version of the repair bot may be nice (e.g. one which lasts for one hour).
Other ideas: Automated teller machine (access your bank from everywhere). Water dispenser (gives out 10 packs of 20 water for free before it collapses). Mail order bot (sells reagents, arrows and the like).
- Goblin Jumper cable. Would like to see a better version of this. Some ideas: Has higher probability to be succesful (75%?). One-use but is 100% succesful. An emergency bot (a minipet which follows you around for 1 hour - when you die it offers you to ressurrect you).
Finally I would like to see the epic engineering flying mount (goblin chopper?) - still expensive and with a quest line which must be solved but cool.
Mar 3rd 2007 7:20AM For Macs there is also an alternatove called iShowU.