Dec 13th 2008 5:29PM There are several instances of this in the game already, but they are all part of quests.
At Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight, there are several quests, one a daily, where you ride a dragon and shoot down other dragons while in the air.
In Howling Fjord, at Steel Gate, there is another daily where you fly a plane with a machine gun and rocket launcher, to defend the dig site against gargoyles.
There's another dragon daily at the top of the nexus (need to fly to get there)
And lastly, Storm Peaks has a few quests for the Sons of Hodir chain where you fight vyrkul and other dragons in midair, with your own class abilities.
I think more aerial fights were planned for Wintergrasp, but were removed due to balance issues.
Nov 12th 2008 11:38PM The reason the prices were off on the test realm was there was no arena season currently in progress.
The GMs were aware of it and asked players not to report bugs related to arenas.
Nov 12th 2008 1:12AM I noticed this same situation on the 3.0 PTR
The same items were bugged to be free, or had incorrect ratings requirements.
I didn't think anything of it since it was the PTR, never imagined it would make it to live.
Sep 5th 2008 7:02AM I have had all this music in my itunes for years, it's all provided free with the game patches. All you have to do is open the common or expansion .MPQ files and look in the music folder. There are usually new tracks added with each patch so I always check the new MPQ on patch day and add any updates. It's not difficult to do, I think you could actually get the files faster this way than by downloading them.
Save your money and buy some other albums by Arkenstone instead, all his stuff goes great with WoW, keeping my fingers crossed for more from him in Wrath.
Aug 15th 2008 7:50PM If you do a google search on "delicious chocolate cake" the first three results are from WoW also, does this mean every bakery that sells it is making a WoW reference?
Ornate is a standard and fairly obvious qualifier for a firearm that is often covered with silver or bronze filigree. If the man wanted to make a WoW reference he would have done so with something that dosen't exist in the real world, otherwise what's the point?
Aug 4th 2008 9:16PM That's the face of Samwise Didier, WoW's art director, who also designed nearly all of the icons in the game.
Jul 29th 2008 7:01AM Blizz has already said that the current epic flight is too fast for their tastes and that they definitely wont be making a faster skill...ever.
BUT they have mentioned passinger mounts that can be used to carry multiple players at once, which sounds like a new skill rank to me.
There may still be a large cash sink, but instead of faster speed it would grant the ability to cart others around.
Jul 29th 2008 6:44AM It's already been revealed (last week on this very blog) that northrend flying will not cost anything. It will be a lvl 77 quest in Sholzar Basin that will reward you gold for doing it.
May 22nd 2008 7:09PM It sounds like Feral Charge in cat form will be similar to Shadowstep for rogues, because of the "leap behind" part. Makes since to me since cat form has always shared roughly the same basic skills as rogues.
May 16th 2008 5:51PM For those who have not been playing since release, Wowwiki has a great listing of all previous patches, going right back to the original beta:
Some of the oldest are rather hilarious. My personal favorites (from patch 0.6-0.1.1):
• Now available as a character class!
• Shapeshifting will no longer cancel all buffs on the Druid.
• Shapeshifting cooldown reduced from 10 to 1.5 seconds.
• New Spell: Sleep is gained at levels 8, 20 and 40. Sleep duration has changed to 20, 30 and 40 seconds.
• Dwarves can no longer be mages, however all existing Dwarf mages in beta can remain.
• Holy Strike: Removed.
• Crusader Strike: Removed.
• Seal of Reckoning: Removed.
• Healing Aura: Removed.
• Dominance Aura: Removed.
• Wisdom Aura: Removed.
• Redemption: Removed.
• Resurrection: renamed Redemption, no longer useable in combat.
• Renew is now an instant cast spell.
• Sleep spell removed.
• Feign Death has been removed.
• Molten Blast removed.
• Reincarnation no longer causes resurrection sickness.
• Fear can only be used on one target at a time.
• Banish can now only be used on one target at a time and has a 30 minute cooldown.
• Soulstones have been changed to now resurrect the soulstone holder automatically 5 seconds after death.
• Charge no longer teleports you to the target, but speeds you along a path towards the target.
• Charge can now be done during combat, but the target must still be within the 8-25 yard range.