May 28th 2009 11:31PM This is where someone mentions that Naxx is Vanilla WoW content. These fight mechanics were already in the game before TBC. It was even worse due to Crushing Blows.
May 12th 2009 10:54AM @Alanid:
Mirror, Mirror, TOS episode
May 12th 2009 9:55AM A few things:
1. Combat tree: Check your weapon specialization, then look at your MH / OH weapons.
2. Check your hit rating. Get to the special cap ASAP. IIRC it should be around 274 with Precision maxxed out.
3. Use the right poisons. WoWinsider's Encrypted Text should have a nice rundown of them.
4. Last, but not least: A high max damage (usually, the slower, the better) weapon in your MH, and a fast OH weapon. Grass Cutter's cute, but the Titansteel Shanker's better off in your OH and Pride should probably be in your MH if you're relying on Emblems to get weapons.
May 12th 2009 9:40AM If you have JC, thus TBC, and you also have Wrath, you can always take two routes to the nearest JC trainer. (Since the Loch was mentioned, I'll assume your Alliance)
1. SW to Borean Tundra: The JC trainer in Valiance Keep has all the recipes from 1 to 475.
2. IF to Howling Fjord: The trainer in Valgarde also has all the recipes from 1 to 475.
If you're in Kalimdor, I'll just say: get thee to the Eastern Kingdoms!
Mar 18th 2009 8:24PM You're thinking of Serrated Blades, which doesn't only affect Hemo, but all attacks.
Feb 21st 2009 10:13PM Skywing, Ogrila, Netherwing, Shattered Sun weren't patched into WoW until TBC was well over 6 months old.
Zones that invite people to "stay awhile and listen"? Hell no. I'd rather not have another Barrens / Westfall in the game.
TBC is (now) done and finished, Wrath is far from finished.
Feb 21st 2009 10:02PM "But if everyone can get their friendly guild enchanter to enchant something[...]"
My enchanting priest and all other enchanters would jump for joy if every enchant could be made from thin air. Until then, everyone has to get their own mats for their own enchants. And where do those come from? Either the AH or from your own stash, either way, an enchanter is required.
Two: every gathering professions has had their mats taken for the "greater" good. Skinned Core Leather from MC? To the guild bank. Mined Dark Iron Ore? To the guild bank. Skinned some Onyxia Scales? To the guild bank. If I remember correctly, the only gather profession that hasn't had this happen (yet) to is Herbalism, because it already is quite abundant. Ancient Lichen, Dream Foil, Fel Lotus etc doesn't count because though rare, you can get them outside of instances.
Feb 11th 2009 9:51PM @Angus:
And there's the problem. A HAT specced rogue is a formidable force when stacked correctly with other classes. Mess with the stack or if DPS dies, the effectiveness of a HAT spec drops. The Sub tree as it is now owes it's entire existence to HAT.
Combat and Assassination have better perks (Combat, in my opinion, almost too much so - It's almost nearing the bloat in the Protection tree of a Paladin -).
Feb 11th 2009 9:29PM It's... Ok, I guess. Then again:
Must... resist urge... to correct... TYPOS! Queue, dailies!
Feb 11th 2009 9:15PM @Fensat:
Hard to avoid?
The only things that come to mind in current content are Kel's Iceblocks, Malygos' Vortex or the damage inside the portals on Sarth. The rest is the DPS' own responsibility to avoid.