Aug 26th 2011 11:48AM Sure groups can treat tanks badly. I've tanked, I know. But...it isn't that simple. I recently used recruit a friend to level up some alts. My main is a healer so I decided to level up healing specs using dungeon finder. I had full heirlooms and knew how to heal so I found it easier than most. Very little could be thrown at me that I couldn't handle. Were their sometimes people who treated tanks badly? Occasionally. But, truthfully, the biggest issues were with the tanks. Let me count the ways:
1. Tanks that didn't know the dungeons (that is fine -- some tanks would say this up front and get help. Others wouldn't but pulled cautiously. Both A-OK) and wouldn't listen to people who did know them. Wipe on Hadronyx once because you don't understand the mechanic? Fine. Wipe on him 3 times because you refuse to change what you are doing?
2. Tanks that consistently ran ahead and paid no attention to anyone else in the group. This happens all the time. With good tanks I never had to take a mana drink. However occasionally I did (particularly when the tank pulled 4 groups at once and the mobs silence healers). If I say mana and you as a tank just keep moving then you are saying you don't need a heal (and maybe you don't). But...if you have paid no attention to mobs killing DPS and I still have 2 people left to rez and you go ahead without looking that is just foolish.
3. And what is with this deal of lots of tanks, hitting a mob once and then moving on to the next mob hitting it once and then moving on to the next hitting it once, etc. In the meanwhile all the DPS and healer behind the tank are getting beat on and the tank doesn't even notice let alone try to do anything. I've even brought the mobs beating on me to the tank and many tanks still don't stop.
4. And that's another thing. Hitting one group, then moving to another, then another. I've seen tanks gather up as many as 5 groups constantly moving (making it difficult to heal the tank of course). Yes, I like big pulls and can usually handle them but it gets to a point that you aren't saving time when healing simply can't be done.
5. And then there are the tanks who literally have no tanking gear. Just yesterday I was in an instance with a level 74 DK tank who was wearing one heirloom and the rest was the starting DK set. The tank had less health than the rest of the group with the healer having almost 50% more health than the tank....
Yes, tanking can be thankless. But there are plenty of arrogant tanks out there who pay no attention to the rest of the group.
Feb 10th 2011 1:11AM Ummm...Which Cataclysm bosses/dungeons drop red roses and ebon roses?
Dec 3rd 2010 2:12PM To discovery the new level 80 instances do you have to go in them or just get close to them or what?
If I wanted to discover them when Cataclysm comes out what is the fastest way to get them and where do I have to go to discover them?
I assume I can just fly to them once I buy Azeroth flying but where do I go?
Dec 3rd 2010 12:33PM To discover a dungeon, do you have to go in the dungeon? I want to discover the starting level 80 dungeons immediately when Cataclysm is out. How do I get to them and what do I have to do to discovery them?
Jun 28th 2010 11:16AM Hmm. I tried the addon and as I was spinning the mousewheel my character didn't stay in place and ran a few steps and then I dropper a bunch of torches. This happened a couple of times. With spinning she wouldn't stay in place.
Apr 29th 2010 12:13PM School is hard knocks is why I don't have the proto drake.
And I don't want to hear from people telling me how easy it is. I worked on it for hours. I even did premades. I did get the ones for Arathi Basin and EOTS. But the Warsong Gulch and AV ones eluded me despite all the many, many, many attempts. And the other faction was downright eager to kill anyone with an orphan out.
I agree I'm not particularly good at the PVP tasks required by this achievement (I am usually a healer) but I have sometimes voluntarily done it. I even leveled a character from 70 to 80 mostly in AV. So, it isn't like I despise PVP or can't even be somewhat helpful in a normal BG. But the Children's Week BG are not normal PVP. I spent a year doing the meta achievement and completed every last one of every achievement....except this one. There really needs to be a better option here.
Mar 16th 2010 1:52PM I am 55 and a serious raider. Most people I play with have no idea how old I am. They know I have teenage kids but I think they think I'm more like 40. I was looking at some applications for various raiding guilds and notice almost all ask for age. I do wonder if I apply and state my real age if there will be a negative perception.
Jan 14th 2010 8:02PM The article seems to assume that if the tank is losing aggro that the tank is bad. My tanks is not bad. However, when she goes in to tank with 4400 Gearscore and I see 3 dps with gearscores well north of 5000, I know it is likely to not be fun. That DK with a 5500 gearscore? Pulls aggro all the time. That arms warrior with 5400 gearscore. Pulls aggro all the time.
I have plenty enough gear and talents and skill to tank the instance but it can be more unpleasant to tank it with highly geared DPS than with those who have gear similar to mine.
And when Mr. 1000 point GS higher than me pulls aggro he comments that my threat generation is bad. Well, no, it is normal for my level of gear.
DPS please look at your tanks and turn it down a notch if you are well above (which is what I do when I go in on my DPS gear where I have over 5000 gear score and see I tank who isn't geared as well).
Jan 2nd 2010 8:02PM yes please